One of the best and most glamorous airlines in the world, Emirates, isn’t a member of any alliances, but it is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards and SPG programs, and it has a number of partners that you can
- Alaska Airlines
- easyJet (redeem only)
- Japan Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Korean Air
- S7 Airlines
- South African
- TAP Portugal
- Virgin America
The Elite Program General Terms
The Emirates Elite program is not as strong as some other programs. It doesn’t offer complimentary upgrades to even top Platinum members and its bonus mile-earning capabilities are average at best. In addition, Emirates doesn’t allow earning elite status on partners.
Emirates Skyward elite status lasts 14 months after qualification, and losing it during the term gets you the so-called “soft landing,” meaning if you do not requalify for Platinum status you will get Gold for the next year.
The Emirates Skyward status has three elite levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
Emirates Skyward Qualification Requirements
Qualification requirements are as follows.
For flights solely on Emirates:
- Silver: 25,000 miles or 25 flights
- Gold: 50,000 miles or 50 flights
- Platinum: 150,000 miles
Upgrades on Emirates
Silver and above: Buy instant upgrades with miles
Elite Bonus Miles
- Silver: 25% bonus miles
- Gold: 50% bonus miles
- Platinum: 75% bonus miles
- Excess Baggage:
- Silver: 26 lb.
- Gold: 35 lb.
- Platinum: 44 lb.
Silver and above:
- E-gate service in Dubai (for all members)
- Waitlist priority
- Priority Check-in:
- Silver and Gold – Business Class counter
- Platinum – First Class counter
- Priority Boarding
Gold and Platinum:
- Fast Track upon arrival at Dubai Airport
- Priority baggage delivery
- Priority service through Contact Centers
- Guaranteed seats, even on fully booked flights
- Last seat Flex Plus reward tickets
Complimentary Lounge Access
Silver and above:
- Free lounge access in Dubai
- Business Class lounge access for member and one guest
- First Class lounge at Dubai Airport and Business Class lounge access for member and one guest
Notable Additional Rewards for Platinum Members
- Gold status for a friend or family member.
Upcoming Reciprocal Elite Benefits
- Access to lounges and priority check-in and boarding for elite members of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan and Malaysia Airlines Enrich programs
Emirates Elite Benefits with Starwood Preferred Guest
- Silver and above: one Skywards mile per U.S. dollar spent at the hotel
- Gold and Platinum: elite check-in, and a 4 p.m. late check-out
Other Ways to Earn Status
Status Match/Status Challenge:
- Targeted status-matching offers
Earning Elite Miles on Partner Airlines