Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points are easy to transfer for flights. As an added incentive they offer 5,000 bonus miles for every 20,000 you transfer. They have 32 airline partners including several international carriers.
Things to consider:
- Advertised transfer time: Up to 14 days (but it usually does not take that long)
- Transfer fees: None
- Points transfer limits: 79,999 points a day
- Expedited Transfer: You may be able to expedite the transfer by calling Starwood, however they may impose a fee of up to 3,500 points. The only airlines that provide rush service are American, United and British Airways.
How to transfer:
1) Go to Starwood Preferred Guest and click the “Book and Redeem” icon.
2) Then click on “Redeem Starpoints.”
3) Click on the “Travel” icon at the top of the page.
4) Click on “Turn your Starpoints into frequent flyer miles.”
Or scroll down the page and click on the “Sky’s the limit” box.
5) Then click on “Transfer Starpoints to Air Miles” at the bottom of the page.
6) Fill in the required information to sign in to your account.
7) To see the transfer ratio choose the airline from the “Select Airline” drop-down menu. Most airlines have a 1:1 transfer ratio. However, this is not always the case.
Once you have selected your airline, enter your frequent flyer number and the