Aeroméxico is a founding member of the SkyTeam Alliance and a transfer partner of Starwood Preferred Guest and American Express Membership Rewards programs. The flag carrier of Mexico is not a very popular airline for North American frequent flyer aficionados because it usually adds fuel surcharges to its partners’ rewards flights, and because finding Aeroméxico availability, especially for premium flights on partners, can be a daunting task.
However, Aeroméxico Club Premier has an upside. Its award chart is in kilometers, which works out quite well for a U.S. flyer, and there are no surcharges added to Aeroméxico’s own award tickets. In addition, there is a U.S. Bank Aeroméxico credit card that, that in conjunction with the above-mentioned transfer options, lets you earn even more miles on the ground.
One other reason why earning elite status might make sense to flyers frequently traveling to Central and South America is the SkyTeam benefits. Unlike the U.S. airlines, there is no cash-spending requirement in the Aeroméxico elite program.
There are three elite levels in Aeroméxico Club Premier: Gold, Platinum, and Titanium. Qualification requirements are as follows:
- Gold: 50,000 Premier points
- Platinum: 80,000 Premier points
- Titanium: 100,000 Premier points
Club Premier Upgrades
- Gold: Upgrade for points
- Platinum: Free upgrades to business class for member and companion, up to 72 hours before the flight
- Titanium: Free upgrades to business class for member and companion, up to 96 hours before the flight
- Gold: Additional 25% points bonus
- Platinum: Additional 50% points bonus
- Titanium: Additional 100% points bonus
- Baggage: Platinum and Titanium members get 50-70 lbs. extra luggage allowance depending on destination.
Suitcase piece and weight Additional – Platinum/Titanium
|National||1 piece of 30kg||1 piece of 25kg|
|USA Canada||1 piece of 32kg||1 piece of 23kg|
|Central America||1 piece of 32kg||1 piece of 23kg|
|Europe||1 piece of 32kg||1 piece of 23kg|
|South America and Cuba (Except Brazil)||1 piece of 23kg||1 piece of 23kg|
|Brazil||1 piece of 32kg||1 piece of 32kg|
|Asia||1 piece of 32kg||1 piece of 23kg|
Gold and above:
- Access to exclusive Aeroméxico Club Premier and SkyTeam check-in counters.
Platinum and Titanium:
- Priority check-in
- Priority baggage delivery
- Priority immigration/passport control
- Priority security lines
- Priority service at the ticket office
- Priority connection counter
- Priority boarding
- Waiting list and reservation priority
Complimentary Lounge Access
Platinum and Titanium:
- Free access to hundreds of SkyTeam VIP lounges SkyTeam worldwide
- Priority access to the Salon Premier network of VIP lounges for member and two companions
- Free access to SkyTeam VIP lounges for member and companion
- Gold: Elite
- Platinum: Elite Plus
- Titanium: Elite Plus
Other Ways to Earn Status: None
Status Match/Status Challenge
You can try to match your status with another airline using this form, but there are not enough reports to gauge the success rate.
Earning Elite Points on Partner Airlines
- Flights on SkyTeam partner airlines can earn elite status.