Etihad Airways, one of the most renowned airlines in the world, is a UAE carrier based in Abu Dhabi and a fierce competitor of another venerable airline – Emirates. Like Emirates, Etihad is not a part of any alliance, however, it has eight partners in the aptly named Etihad Airlines Partners program. The partnership includes seven other airlines: Alitalia, Etihad Regional, airberlin, Niki, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles and Jet Airlines, and you can use reciprocal Etihad elite benefits when you fly on these airlines.
In addition, the Etihad’s separate partnerships with a dozen other airlines, including American, Air New Zealand, and Asiana among others, add even more value to the program, and since Etihad is a transfer airline partner of the Citi ThankYou and SPG programs, you can easily collect Etihad mles in the U.S. with credit card spending.
There are three elite levels in the Etihad Guest elite program: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The qualifications are as follows:
- Silver: 25,000 miles or 20 tier segments
- Gold: 50,000 miles or 40 tier segments
- Platinum: 125,000 miles or 60 tier segments
- Silver and above:
- Upgrades with miles
- Instant Upgrades at the airport
Flight Bonus Miles:
- Silver: 25%
- Gold: 50%
- Platinum: 75%
- Additional Baggage Allowance:
- Silver – additional 50 lbs. (22 lbs. between GCC-ICG)
- Gold and Platinum – 70 lbs. (44 lbs. between GCC-ICG)
Booking and Airport Services:
- Etihad Guest and above:
- Priority waitlisting
- Priority standby
- Frequent Visitor E-channels at Hong Kong International Airport
- Silver and above: Guaranteed economy seat
- Gold and above:
- Priority Check-in and Boarding
- Fast Track Immigration & Baggage
- Platinum: Guaranteed Business Seat (48 hours before the flight)
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Silver and above:
- Abu Dhabi Airport (Al Reem Lounge)
- Etihad Business Lounges
- Gold and above: Valid for member and guest
- Platinum: First Class Lounges
Notable Additional Rewards for Elite members
- Gold: Third Party Nomination (for booking and account information)
- Platinum: Gold Discretionary Nomination (free Gold Membership for a friend or family member)
Reciprocal Elite Benefits on the Etihad Airlines Partners.
The elite benefits might slightly differ from one airline to another, but the typical benefits are as follows:
- 10% Mile Bonus
- Baggage Allowance: 1 piece up to 50 lb. or 22 lbs.
- 20% Mile Bonus
- 30% Mile Bonus
Gold and Platinum:
- Priority check-in
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority Boarding
- Airport lounge access
- Baggage allowance: 1 piece up to 70 lbs. or 44 lbs.
Other Ways to Earn Status
Status Match/Status Challenge:
Etihad often offers status-matching promotions, but you can also request a status match by sending them an email. They probably won’t match elite status from their own partners, but you never know.
Earning Elite Points on Partner Airlines
You can earn Premium Points by flying on Star Alliance partner airlines and Etihad Airlines Partners.