Despite being a legacy carrier, Honolulu-based Hawaiian Airlines doesn’t have a huge footprint in North America. Nor is it a member of an airline alliance. However, if you fly Hawaiian Airlines on a regular basis, elite status might be worthwhile.
Hawaiian Airlines is a transfer partner of three U.S.-based airline travel programs: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest. And there are two co-branded Bank of America Hawaiian credit cards.
Additionally, Hawaiian Airlines has several airline partners including ANA, Virgin Atlantic and Korean that allow you to credit miles earned on their flights to Hawaiian. All of the above makes collecting Hawaiian miles relatively easy. Unfortunately, all elite benefits are limited to flights on Hawaiian Airlines, and it doesn’t appear that there are any reciprocal elite benefits between Hawaiian Airlines and its partners.
Hawaiian Airlines Pualani has two elite levels: Gold and Platinum.
Hawaiian Airlines Pualani Qualification Requirements
Qualification requirements are as follows:
- Pualani Gold: 20,000 miles or 30 segments
- Pualani Platinum: 40,000 miles or 60 segments
- Gold and Platinum: Upgrade to Extra Comfort or Preferred Seat
- Same day upgrade on a flight to the Neighbor Islands
- Two first class domestic and business class international one-way upgrades
- Six one-way systemwide upgrades upon reaching 75,000 miles
- One additional upgrade for every 10,000 miles earned after that
Hawaiian Airlines Pualani Bonus Miles
- Gold: 50% bonus miles
- Platinum: 100% bonus miles
- Gold: First two bags
- Gold and Platinum: In-flight Unlimited TV & More Pack on A330 flights
- First three bags
- Preferred Seat on Hawaiian Airlines-operated flights to the Neighbor Islands
- Gold and Platinum:
- Access to the first class check-in line and express security line
- More seats are available for selection at time of booking
- Discounted E-Awards at HawaiianAirlines.com
- Priority routing and handling when calling Exclusive Reservations Line
- Hold a fare on a flight reservation for 1-2 days
- Priority boarding
- Neighbor Islands same-day standby
- Priority security lines at select airports
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority pre-boarding
- Neighbor Island Economy Class SEAT guaranteed up until 72 hours prior to departure with a revenue e-ticket.
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Gold and Platinum:
- Premier Club Access – Honolulu, Hilo, Kona, Kahului and Lihue
Notable Additional Rewards for Gold and Platinum Members
- Special invitations to events hosted by Hawaiian Airlines throughout
- $100 annual statement credit toward in-flight purchases for Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard cardholders ($10 maximum per day)
Premier Club Benefits
Some of the elite benefits are available to anyone willing to pay for them. The Premier Club membership costs $299 or 40,000 Hawaiian miles and covers many Gold and Platinum benefits except:
- Hold a Fare
- Guaranteed seat
- Bonus miles
- Neighbor Islands standby
- Invitations to special events
Other Ways to Earn Status
Status Match/Status Challenge
- Not official, but there are some reports of status-matching on a case-to-case basis.
Earning Elite Miles on Partner Airlines