There are two types of travel rewards credit cards. Airline and hotel co-branded cards help you earn miles or points in one frequent flyer or hotel loyalty program. General rewards credit cards, on the other hand, let you use the points you earn on any kind of travel, be it airlines, hotels, cruises, or car rental.
There are pros and cons to each approach, but as long as general travel rewards credit cards are concerned, Venture From Capital One is one of the best, especially if you are interested in international travel.
40,000-Mile Sign-up Bonus
You will get 40,000 miles after spending $3,000 within the first three months. The Venture card’s currency is not real miles, despite the name. 40,000 Capital One miles give you $400 you can spend by booking travel on the Venture website or redeeming for any travel expenses you have charged to the card.
Miles on Every Purchase
This is another excellent benefit of the card. There are no bonus categories that you always tend to forget, which are usually capped at certain amount. You will get unlimited two miles for every dollar. That means a $1,000 you charge to the card will get you $20 back in travel.
No annual Fee for the First Year
You can safely take this card for a ride and see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, you can simply cancel at the end of your first year of membership and avoid the $59 annual fee, which, by the way, is quite low compared to annual fees for most premium rewards cards.
No Foreign Transaction Fee
It is sad that in this day and age, most cards still charge these pesky 3-4% fees for “converting” the money you spend abroad into the U.S. dollars. The ugly truth is that your bank does not incur any extra expenses when you make a transaction abroad, so they impose this fee for a simple reason – because they can. The Venture From Capital One credit card doesn’t have it, so feel free to use your card overseas whenever you want.
Visa Signature Travel Benefits
Visa Signature is an elite program that offers some valuable extra perks to its members.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Free upgrades and breakfast at over 900 luxury hotels all over the world.
- Visa Signature Concierge: Find tickets to events, book a flight, make a dinner reservation, etc.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: Covers up to $3,000 if the airline loses your checked or carry on bag.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Covers your rental car in case of damage or theft up to the full cost of the vehicle.
- Travel And Emergency Assistance Services: Connect you with the appropriate local emergency organization while you’re on the road, 24/7.
- Pre-Trip Assistance: Gets you all needed information about the place you are traveling to.
- Purchase Security: Reimburse you for lost or stolen items for up to $500 per item, including purchases made abroad.
- Other valuable benefits that make it worth checking out.