After British Airways and Iberia merged, Avios became the default currency for Iberia. However, Iberia still maintains its own Iberia Plus frequent flyer program, and although there are some similarities between Executive Club and Iberia Plus, they operate separately.
Iberia Plus allows you to qualify for status with Elite Points or qualifying segments, called Routes. The Elite Points are similar to British Airways Tier Points. They are not the same as Avios points, as they are used to advance members from one status to another.
Qualifying Routes are one-way segments flown on Iberia, British Airways, or Vueling. Flying segments on other partner airlines won’t qualify you for an elite status.
There are three elite levels in the Iberia Plus program: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- Silver: 1,100 Elite Points or 25 routes
- Gold: 2,250 Elite Points or 50 routes
- Platinum: 12,500 Elite Points in 2 years
Qualifying periods are from April 1 to March 31.
Platinum members: Two upgrades to Business from Flex fare for flights on Iberia Group (Iberia, Iberia Regional Air Nostrum and Iberia Express).
Avios Bonus Miles
- Silver: 25%
- Gold: 50%
- Platinum: 100%
Gold and Platinum:
- No fees for 1 additional bag/50 pounds
- Free parking at Madrid and Barcelona airports for flights on Iberia Group
- No fees for 1 additional bag/50 pounds (70 pounds for flights on Iberia Group)
- Silver and above:
- Business class check in
- Priority boarding
- Priority waitlist
- Preference in choosing your seat on a oneworld airline
- Gold and above: Fast track — VIP access, preferential care points
- Platinum: Preferential check-in in first class for a flight on a oneworld airline
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Gold and above: access to Iberia VIP or oneworld business lounges for you and a partner
- Platinum: access to all Iberia and first class oneworld lounges for you and a partner
- Silver: Ruby
- Gold: Sapphire
- Platinum: Emerald
Notable Additional Rewards for Platinum members
- Free limo service between the airport and: Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Sao Paulo when you fly on full Business Class fare or Avios on intercontinental Iberia flights
- Automatic credit of up to 22,500 Avios
- Free Gold status to a friend after earning 12,500 during the year
Other Ways to Earn Status?
No, just flying.
Status Match/Status Challenge
Iberia doesn’t offer status match challenges to the public.
Earning Elite Points on Partner Airlines
You can earn Avios and elite points by flying on Iberia partner airlines. It might be a bit confusing since Iberia calculates elite points regionally for the Iberia Group flights, and by distance for all others. For more information, check here.
Lifetime Gold Membership
- Available after reaching 35,000 Tier Points.