Singapore Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance, and a transfer partner of all four U.S.-based airline travel programs: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest and Citi ThankYou. Singapore Airlines also has partners outside of the Star Alliance: Virgin Atlantic, Virgin America, Virgin Australia, JetBlue and Indian airline Vistara.
The Singapore KrisFlyer frequent flyer program has a reasonable award redemption scheme that often offers better values than its Star Alliance partner United Airlines on some routes. Even if you don’t often fly with Singapore Airlines, you can still benefit from banking your miles and earning status with KrisFlyer, especially since it’s so easy to get KrisFlyer miles with credit card spend.
Apply for a Travel Credit Card from Our Partner
- July 2018: Best Travel Rewards and Air Miles Credit Cards
- Clicking "Apply Now" will take you to the
Credit-Land.comwebsite to view card offers
- Fly on
Any Airline, Anytime
- Offers Available for Excellent and Good Credit
The Singapore Airlines loyalty scheme is a bit unusual since there are only two KrisFlyer elite levels, although the airline also operates a separate PPS Club elite program for their First and Business class customers. The KrisFlyer status is earned by flying and collecting status miles, while the PPS Club membership is earned by spending a certain amount of money on flights in premium classes.
KrisFlyer Qualification Requirements
Qualification requirements are as follows:
- Silver: 25,000 Elite miles
- Gold: 50,000 Elite miles
KrisFlyer Bonus Miles
- Silver and Gold: 25% bonus miles for Singapore Airlines, SilkAir and Virgin Atlantic flights
- Silver and Gold:
- 50% on redepositing miles
- No fee for extending validity of expiring miles for 6 months
- Change of redemption nominees: 50% off for Silver, no fee for Gold
- Gold: Additional 44 pounds or one extra piece of baggage
- Silver and Gold: Priority reservation waitlist
- Priority airport standby
- Priority airport check-in
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority boarding
Complimentary Lounge Access
- SilkAir lounge access for flights on Singapore and SilkAir
- Star Alliance Gold lounge for flights on Singapore and Star Alliance airlines
- Virgin Australia lounge access for flights on Virgin Australia
- Silver: Silver
- Gold: Gold
Notable Additional Rewards for Elite Members
Other Ways to Earn Status
Status Match/Status Challenge
Earning Elite Miles on Partner Airlines
You can earn elite miles by flying on most of the Singapore partner airlines, and the earnings will vary depending on the airline.
Singapore Airlines PPS Club
In addition to KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines also runs a program for its First and Business class customers called PPS Club. This program is independent from KrisFlyer, and one becomes automatically eligible for the membership after spending SGD $25,000 per year. In order to attain the second and highest PPS Club level called Solitaire PPS Club, one has to spend SGD $250,000 in five years.
Some of the benefits of the PPS Club membership, such as lounge access, increased baggage allowance, priority reservation waitlists, and more are the same as provided by KrisFlyer’s status levels, but the most valuable benefits of the PPS Club Membership are increased award availability and elevated level of customer service. Attaining the PPS Club membership is only possible via flying on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.