Plaza Premium operates a network of airport lounges around the world. Lounge locations offer a quiet space to relax and freshen up, a place to work or enjoy drinks. As Plaza Premium Lounges are back to the Priority Pass and LoungeKey networks, you may want to learn more about what they are, where they are located, and how you can get in.
What are Plaza Premium lounges?
Plaza Premium Lounge is the largest independent airport lounge network of more than 130 airport lounges worldwide. All travelers regardless of class of travel or airline can visit Plaza Premium lounges.
It’s easy to spot Plaza Premium lounges at the airport as they carry the same Plaza Premium Lounge name. If you’ve ever visited Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses outside the United Kingdom, you might have noticed that they are also managed by Plaza Premium. Some Avianca lounges are managed by Plaza Premium as well.
Plaza Premium lounges are a good place to grab a snack, unwind, or get some work done. Lounges are located in Americas, Europe, Asia, East Asia, Middle East, Africa.
Where can I find Plaza Premium lounges?
Plaza Premium lounges can be found around the world across all six inhabited continents. If you do not travel abroad often but mostly within the U.S., your Plaza Premium options are limited to only two brand lounges, and four Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses.
Plaza Premium Lounges in the U.S.:
– Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): domestic departures, Terminal E
– Orlando International Airport (MCO): departures, Terminal C.
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounges in the U.S.:
– Boston Logan International Airport (BOS): level 2 in Terminal E (temporary closed)
– John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): A-concourse
– San Francisco International Airport (SFO): level 5
– Washington Dalles International Airport (IAD): Terminal A.
Plaza Premium has especially strong presence in Asia, where you will find over 60 locations. If you travel to or within Asia a lot, you will definitely find a Plaza Premium lounge option.
You can check whether your destination has a Plaza Premium lounge on the Plaza Premium website.
What amenities can I expect to enjoy at Plaza Premium lounges?
The usual Plaza Premium Lounge amenities are comfortable seating, complimentary food and beverages, and a selection of newspapers and magazines. Also, there are facilities that may be available depending on the individual lounge setting, which may include shower, private resting area, TV, payphones, computer workstations, and Wi-Fi. Some facilities, like shower or massage services, are not usually included with regular lounge access and are offered for a fee.
For example, the recently opened Plaza Premium Lounge at Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is great for sports enthusiast and energetic children. The lounge has a game room with a long shuffle puck table, table football, mini climbing wall, and enough space for children and their parents. It also has a big-screen area for live sport and entertainment.
You can find lounge locations and see a list of their available facilities at Premium Plaza Lounge website.
Who can access Plaza Premium lounges?
Anyone can access Plaza Premium lounges and there are several ways to do so. The first is to purchase a Plaza Premium Lounge (PPL) pass, and the second is to have a credit card that includes the benefit of Plaza Premium access. Here are details of the two options below.
Plaza Premium Lounge pass
You can buy a Plaza Premium Lounge pass online at Plaza Premium Lounge’s official website. There you can choose from various options based on your destination and the number of visits. Here are some of the options you will have:
– Lounge pass for those who travel to Australia.Prices start at US$68 for a 2-visit lounge pass. 5 visits will cost you US$154, and 10 visits will cost US$275.
– Lounge pass for those who travel to Europe. A 2-visit lounge pass will cost US$71, 5 visits will cost US$163, and a 10-visit pass will cost US$303.
– Lounge pass for those who travel to multiple countries. A 2-visit lounge pass to PPL lounges located in Australia, Southeast Asia, and the United Kingdom will cost USD$75. Those who are visiting Middle East, Turkey, and United Kingdom will pay USD$75 for 2 visits to a Plaza Premium lounge. And if you travel to Malaysia, Indonesia, or Saudi Arabia, a 2-visit PPL pass will cost USD$59.
– Lounge pass for those who travel to Americas & Canada. A 2-visit pass for those who travel to Americas will cost US$80. Those who travel to Canada, will pay US$157 for a 5-visit PPL pass and US$300 for a 10-visit PPL pass.
– Global lounge pass for those who travel around the world. These are the most universal passes and will cost you US$99 for 2 visits, US$199 for 5 visits, and US$379 for 10 visits to Plaza Premium Lounge.
Credit cards that include Plaza Premium access
Before you buy a Plaza Premium Lounge Pass, see if you already have access through one of your travel credit cards. If none of your credit cards has a complimentary Plaza Premium lounge access benefit, you can apply for one that comes with this benefit and some other perks instead of paying for a lounge pass.
Here are credit cards that include complimentary access to Plaza Premium lounges:
– Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card: the card gives unlimited complimentary access for primary cardholders and two guests. The annual fee is $395.
– Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: cardholders get two complimentary visits per year to Plaza Premium Lounges or Capital One Lounges. The annual fee is $95.
– Capital One Venture X Business Credit Card: the card gives unlimited complimentary access for primary cardholders and two guests. The annual fee for this card is $395.
– Capital One Spark Miles for Business: cardholders get two complimentary visits per year to Plaza Premium Lounges or Capital One Lounges. The annual fee is $0 for the first year and then $95.
– The Platinum Card® from American Express: includes unlimited complimentary access for the primary cardholder and up to two guests to all Plaza Premium Lounge locations. The annual fee for the
card is $695.
– The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: the card includes unlimited complimentary access for the primary cardholder and up to two guests to all Plaza Premium Lounge locations. The annual fee for the card is $695.
Does Priority Pass get you access to Plaza Premium?
Unavailable through Priority Pass since 2021 until the early 2023, Plaza Premium lounges are back to the Priority Pass lounge network again. However, Priority Pass members won’t be able to access all Plaza Premium lounges. Only 63 Plaza Premium lounges joined the Priority Pass program.
Plaza Premium lounges in Africa, Asia Pacific, Continental Europe, Middle East, North America, UK & Ireland are among those lounges that joined Priority Pass lounges. If you travel within the US, your Priority Pass membership will get you access to only two Plaza Premium lounges: the one located in Dallas Fort Worth International and the one located in Orlando International.
If you don’t have a Priority Pass membership, you can also get it with a credit card. For example, the above-mentioned Amex Platinum and Capital One Venture X cards have both complimentary Priority Pass and Plaza Premium access. Just keep in mind that if a card comes with the Priority Pass benefit, you will still need to enroll in Priority Pass to get that complimentary access to the lounges.
You can find Plaza Premium lounges across the globe, and being able to access them gives you more options when you need a place to relax, recharge or find a spot for your kids. With the right credit card, you will be able to visit Plaza Premium airport lounges for free. If you do not have a credit card with complimentary access to Plaza Premium or Priority Pass lounges, then you can simply buy a Plaza Premium Lounge pass when you need it.