EVA Air is a Taiwanese carrier based in Taipei. It flies to over 40 destinations in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America. In the United States, EVA Air flies to Houston, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. The airline will be expanding to Chicago in 2016.
Apply for a Travel Credit Card from Our Partner
- July 2018: Best Travel Rewards and Air Miles Credit Cards
- Clicking "Apply Now" will take you to the
Credit-Land.comwebsite to view card offers
- Fly on
Any Airline, Anytime
- Offers Available for Excellent and Good Credit
EVA Air’s frequent flyer program is called Infinity MileageLands. Redemption rates are typically high, but the program offers some good deals for those interested in traveling within Asia.
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
How Can You Use Infinity MileageLands Miles?
You can redeem miles on EVA Air and its subsidiary Uni Air, and with Star Alliance members.
- Two free stopovers
- Open jaws allowed
- One-way awards available
- Excellent service in all classes
- No fee for changing flight dates
- Low $50 fee for other changes
- Expensive awards on many routes
- Fuel surcharges on most partners
Best Value Awards:
Flights on Star Alliance partners within what EVA Air defines as North Asia offer the best value for your miles. The airline charges 30,000 miles for economy, and 55,000 miles in business. North Asia stretches thousands of miles, and includes:
- Russian Far East
- South Korea
- Marshall Islands
Coupled with the airline’s generous stopover policy, this redemption allows you to visit three destinations for only 30,000 miles.
Worst Value Awards:
Award tickets on Star Alliance members between North America and the Southwest Pacific are very expensive. They cost 120,000 miles in economy, 195,000 in business and 255,000 in first.
The Good Stuff: Upgrades and Elite Status
You can use miles to upgrade cash tickets from economy to premium economy or business class, depending on the route. You can’t upgrade award tickets. One-way upgrades cost 25 percent of the miles required for a round-trip business class ticket. A one-way upgrade to business class between the U.S. and Taipei costs 40,000 miles.
Infinity MileageLands Elite Levels and Perks
Each level includes the perks of the previous level.
- Silver: Priority waitlist on fully booked flights; extra baggage allowance on EVA Air flights; access to EVA Air VIP lounge on international flights for member, companion and children under 12; priority reservations and standby on Star Alliance flights
- Gold: Access to EVA Air VIP Lounge on Star Alliance flights for member, companion and children under 12; Star Alliance lounge access for member and companion; priority check-in, baggage handling and boarding; extra baggage allowance on Star Alliance flights; 50 percent bonus miles on flights during birth month
- Diamond: Guaranteed booking; exclusive check-in counters; exclusive check-in lounge at Taipei Airport; 100 percent bonus miles on flights during birth month
Associated Credit Cards
EVA Air does not offer a co-branded credit card for U.S. residents.