Who Is the Citi Prestige® Credit Card Good For?
Citi Prestige® Credit Card is an upscale premium travel reward card that is comparable to the American Express Platinum card. It has many similar travel benefits, and the same hefty $450 annual fee. You should consider getting the Citi card despite the high cost since it comes with some outstanding perks, particularly for those who travel a lot.
For starters, cardholders are reimbursed for Global Entry application fees. If you fly frequently, Global Entry will save you a lot of time in airport security lines. It guarantees you a coveted spot in a TSA Precheck line, and you will be able to skip immigration lines on your return home from international destinations.
Cardholders also receive a Priority Pass Select membership, which gives you free access to one of the best airport lounge programs available today. It’s good for you plus your family or two guests, and membership can be extended to authorized users for $50 each.
The Prestige card comes with some other great benefits, such as a $250 annual credit toward air travel and a free fourth hotel night. In addition to the airlines listed below, you can transfer points to your Hilton HHonors account.
|AIRLINE TRANSFER PARTNERS||Air France KLM
|Recommended Credit Score||750+|
|Type of Card||World Elite MasterCard|
The current sign-up bonus is 50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
- Three points per dollar spent on air travel and hotels
- Two points for dining and entertainment
- One point for everything else
What Do Your Points Get You?
Citi ThankYou is an incredibly flexible program. It’s the only major travel reward program that allows you to share points with other members.
This is a fantastic benefit, especially considering that other reward programs are adding more restrictions to prevent people from sharing points and miles. Shared points expire in 90 days, so don’t transfer unless you or your friends or family are ready to use them.
You can redeem your points for air travel online through the Citi ThankYou Travel Center at a value of 1.33 cents per point.
While none of the airline transfer partners are based in the U.S., each carrier is either a member of a major alliance or has powerful partners of its own. That means you’ll be able to redeem miles on dozens of airlines all over the world, including all of the major U.S. carriers.
Some of the airline partners are also the most desirable and luxurious carriers in the world, including Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and Qatar Airways. These are an excellent option if you want to fly in business or first class.
- $250 annual credit for airline purchases
- Points can be transferred to anyone with a ThankYou account
- Free airport lounge access
- Points can be earned through banking
- Multiple airline transfer partners
- A 33 percent bonus when redeeming points for flights through the ThankYou Travel Center
- $100 credit toward Global Entry application fees
- Free fourth night at hotels booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge
- Three free rounds of golf annually when booked through Citi’s golf portal
- High annual fee
- Shared ThankYou points expire in 90 days
- No major U.S. airline partners
- Most airline partners add fuel surcharges to award flights
How Far Do Your Points Go?
If you’re interested in premium class travel, one of the best ways to experience ultimate luxury is with Singapore Airlines’ First Suite. It’s best to transfer your ThankYou points to Singapore’s loyalty program, KrisFlyer, because it offers a 15 percent discount to members booking award flights online.With the discount, you can fly one way between New York and Frankfurt, or Houston and Moscow, in the carrier’s extravagant First Suite for 57,375 miles and $203 in taxes and fuel surcharges.
Additional Cardholder Benefits:
- Special bonuses for Citi banking
- Access to Citi Private Pass and Private Pass Beyond
- Airport concierge service
- Zero liability
- Retail purchase protection through Citi Price Rewind
- No foreign transaction fees
- Travel and emergency assistance
- Worldwide travel accident insurance
- Lost baggage protection
- Trip delay protection
- Auto rental collision damage waiver