Flying Blue is the frequent flyer program of Air France and KLM, though it’s not limited to these two airlines. The Flying Blue program has also been adopted by Air Europa, Kenya Airways, Aircalin, HOP!, Twin Jet, and TAROM. In addition, the Flying Blue elite members enjoy elite privileges of the SkyTeam Alliance.
The major strength of Flying Blue is in the number of partner airlines. Members can earn and redeem Flying Blue miles on the Flying Blue member airlines, SkyTeam partner airlines, and the following carriers: Air Corsica, Air Mauritus, Bangkok Airways, Chalair Aviation, Comair, Copa Airlines, Gol, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, TAAG and Ukraine International Airlines.
There are three elite levels in the Flying Blue program: Silver, Gold and Platinum. Qualification requirements are:
- Silver: 25,000 Level Miles (30,000 in France and Monaco) or 15 qualifying flights
- Gold: 40,000 Level Miles (60,000 in France and Monaco) or 30 qualifying flights
- Platinum: 70,000 Level Miles (90,000 in France and Monaco) or 60 qualifying flights
- Platinum for life: After 10 consecutive years of Platinum membership
- Sliver and beyond: First Class award tickets and award upgrades with Air France
Flying Blue Bonus Miles
- Silver: 50%
- Gold: 75%
- Platinum: 100%
- Silver and beyond:
- No fees for the first bag on KLM flights in Europe
- One extra bag on SkyTeam flights and Air Corsica flights to/from Corsica: 70 pounds in first and business class and 50 pounds otherwise
- Standard seat selection on Air France and KLM flights
- Access to footbridge from Privium Parking at Amsterdam-Schiphol
- Delta Comfort+ on Delta Air Lines flights (24 hours prior to departure for Silver Elites, 72 hours for Gold, at time of booking for Platinum)
- Silver: Dedicated Silver boarding.
- Silver and above: Priority check-in, Priority baggage drop-off.
- Gold and above: Priority boarding, priority immigration and security, priority service at ticket offices and transfer desks, preferred waitlist status and preferred standby status
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Gold and above: When traveling on or connecting with an international SkyTeam-operated flight the same day for passenger and one guest
- Silver: SkyTeam Elite
- Gold: SkyTeam Elite Plus
- Platinum: SkyTeam Elite Plus
Notable Additional Rewards for Elite members
- Better availability of award tickets in business.
- Carry over Level miles.
- Car Upgrade up to one group.
Other Ways to Earn Status
None. Status can only be earned by flying.
Status Match/Status Challenge:
None. While they offered status matches in the past, it appears they don’t match statuses anymore.
Earning Elite Points on Partner Airlines
You can earn Flying Blue Award miles for flights on all Flying Blue partners, but Level (status) miles can only be earned by flying on the Flying Blue and SkyTeam partner airlines. Flying Blue has a user-friendly online calculator that you can use to see how