That’s why the path to the BAEC Elite status is different from the way things work in most of its partner airline programs. Nevertheless, every airline wants you to fly more and pay more for your ticket, and British Airways is no exception.
Instead of qualifying miles, qualifying segment and qualifying dollars, the program focuses on Tier Points. The amount of points you earn depends on your destination, the airline and the cost of the ticket. Low and lowest economy fares, for example earn 50% and 25% tier points respectively.
You can use the BAEC flight calculator to find out how many Tier Points you’re going to earn on your flight.
There are three elite levels in the Executive Club program: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- For Bronze, either fly BA twice and earn 300 Tier Points, or take 25 BA flights.
- To get Silver, either fly BA four times and earn 600 Tier Points or take 50 BA flights.
- To reach Gold, fly BA four times and earn 1,500 Tier Points.
Apply for a Travel Credit Card from Our Partner
- Summer 2019: Best Travel Rewards and Air Miles Credit Cards
- Clicking "Apply Now" will take you to the
Credit-Land.comwebsite to view card offers
- Fly on
Any Airline, Anytime
- Offers Available for Excellent and Good Credit
Upgrades are available for Gold members only. You will receive an upgrade for yourself and a partner after you’ve amassed 2,500 Tier Points, and two upgrades for yourself when you’re at 3,500 Tier Points.
Avios Bonus Miles
- Bronze: 25%
- Silver: 50%
- Gold: 100%
- Silver and Gold: No fees for 2 bags/70lbs for member and each companion.
- Gold: No booking fee for award flights. Free Avios Transfer
- Bronze and above:
- Business class check in and priority boarding (except London City Airport
- Priority baggage handling
- First class check in
- Priority wait list
Earn miles faster when you sign up for the British Airways Visa Signature® Card
New cardholders can earn up to 120,000 bonus Avios fast with the British Airways Visa Signature® Card! You’ll earn 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000.
British Airways Visa Signature® Card
- + In addition to the bonus Avios, you will earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airway purchases after the first 12 months.
- + Chip Technology allows you to use your card for chip based purchases in Europe & beyond, while still giving you the ability to use your card as you do today at home.
- Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you’ll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
- Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Silver and Gold: access to BAEC and oneworld business class departure lounges
- Gold: access to BAEC and oneworld first class departure lounges
- Access to BA Arrivals lounge after traveling on a long haul flight
- Access to a BA Elemis Spa before embarking on a long haul flight
- Access to luxurious lounges at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK Terminal 7 (the Concorde Room) after earning 5,000 Tier Points
- Bronze: Ruby
- Silver: Sapphire
- Gold: Emerald
Notable Additional Rewards for Gold members
- After earning 5,000 Tier Points, you receive two Silver Partner Cards and one Gold Partner Card to share the benefits with your partner
- Free Avis priority rental service at Heathrow
- Free room upgrades at Mandarin Oriental
Other Ways to Earn Status
Members can only earn status by flying. British Airways specifically states that you only earn Tier Points when you complete the flight, and not when you buy a ticket.
Status Match/Status Challenge:
BAEC almost never offers a status match or challenge. There have been some exceptions in the past, but not to the members of the general public.
Earning Miles on Partner Airlines
You can earn Avios and Tier Points by flying on British Airways partner airlines. For more information, check this page.
Lifetime Gold Membership
- Available after reaching 35,000 Tier Points.
There’re some other best travel credit cards that you can use: