Everyone could use a little financial advice from time to time. But sometimes that information can be confusing or difficult to understand. Clarifi is there to help those of us who need a little guidance with our finances.
RewardExpert recently spoke with Maureen Keown, VP Marketing & Community Engagement for Clarifi, to learn more about this exceptional organization.
Over 50 Years of Service
Clarifi was founded in 1966 as Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Delaware Valley. Their original purpose was to help consumers pay back their credit card debt.
“Over the years the services and programs offered expanded and now include multiple housing counseling services for struggling homeowners and new homeowners, credit counseling, financial education and programs for diverse audiences,” said Keown.
“In 2012, CCCSDV rebranded and changed its name to Clarifi, with a tagline of lifelong financial literacy. The new name Clarifi better represents the fuller scope of services the agency offers and the idea of clarifying one’s finances. Clarifi’s mission is to create hope by helping people identify and secure the most important assets in their lives.”
Clarifi offers a variety of different programs that help consumers reduce their debt, improve their credit, manage their home, avoid foreclosure and maintain overall financial wellness.
The programs offered to help accomplish these items are:
- Clarifi Counseling: One-on-one counseling with a certified financial counselor that can be done over the phone or in person.
- Clarifi Education: Various workshops and educational classes that consumers can attend, covering topics such as saving/budgeting, credit/debt, housing, scams and investing.
- Clarifi Collaborate: An opportunity for organizations to bring Clarifi’s experts in-house to directly help their employees.
- Clarifi Boot Camp: Change your life by enrolling in the boot camp option, which includes several workshops, one-on-one counseling, group events and a personal finance coach to help you through the journey.
- Housing Default and Delinquency Counseling: This service keeps people in their homes, helps some clients receive mortgage assistance and ultimately keeps families in their communities.
- Credit Report Counseling: Clients receive a better understanding of their credit, their score, where they stand and the impact their credit plays in their financial lives.
- Debt Management Program: Clients who may be struggling with unsecured debt can pay off their debt in 3 to 5 years.
Focusing on the Future
Clarifi is focusing on the next generation of financial professionals by launching the Young Professionals Advisory Board. This group is made up of young professionals aged 40 or younger who share a common bond.
“Passion around the subject of financial literacy among young professionals was the main premise for the group to be formed in addition to members wanting to give back,” explained Keown.
According to their website, members of this board will help raise funds to support Clarifi’s innovative and nationally recognized programs and services, build awareness about the work the organization is doing in the Philadelphia region, and host events that bring together financial and business professionals.
Serving on the Young Professionals Advisory Board provides an opportunity to connect with some of the most dynamic thinkers and social innovators in Philadelphia, forge powerful relationships, grow philanthropic and leadership chops, and help create meaningful change in the city and region.
Dedicated to the Community
At the center of your mission and core values is the offer of clarity, hope and empowerment. “We have just started a new partnership with Philadelphia Housing Authority and Compass Working Capital and their Self-Sufficiency Program—a model to help families in subsidized housing build assets, reach their financial goals and become more financially secure.”
To learn more about Clarifi, visit their website at www.clarifi.org today.