RewardExpert is a free, online service that refuses to let people leave free travel dollars on the table. We help users get the most back out their everyday spending by taking full advantage of credit card and travel rewards. We’re looking for an experienced and creative public relations executive to tell our story and increase our brand exposure.
- Conduct ongoing media outreach with the goal to increase awareness of RewardExpert and drive traffic to the website
- Serve as the primary point of contact with reporters and media members
- Maintain relationships and act as a resource for media members
- Take ownership of an editorial calendar of content created with the purpose of media engagement
- Work with a team of research analysts who research and create data-driven content for media
- Have a keen eye and knowledge of topics and themes that would be of interest to members of the media
- Brainstorm content ideas with research analysts
- Edit and review all content for media engagement
- Write creative and engaging press releases and pitches
- Place bylines in key industry outlets
- Write copy for website as needed
- Maintain RewardExpert’s social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
- Minimum two years experience in public relations, communications, and/or marketing
- Proven track record of securing media placements in top-tier, local, and trade outlets
- Preference for candidates with a network of personal finance, finance, and travel media contacts
- Demonstrated professional writing, editing and creative storytelling skills
- Familiarity with SEO principles
- Experience with link-building initiatives
- Experience using media databases such as Cision and/or Muckrack
- Exceptional oral communication skills and a confident spokesperson
- Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with minimal oversight
- A positive, problem-solving, team player personality
- Must be reliable, accountable, and able to keep on top of deadlines and shifting priorities
- A shared passion for world travel and adventure
- Familiarity with credit card and travel rewards a plus
For most people, sorting through hundreds of frequent flier miles, credit card rewards and loyalty programs is a hassle. We enroll in programs with the hopes they will pay off at some point, but what actually happens? We forget about them, and let millions of points go unredeemed every year. Not anymore.
The RewardExpert mission is simple. We believe:
- Anyone can fly for free if they spend wisely and plan ahead.
- Travel money should be spent on experiences, not on airfare.
- Every traveler is different. Personalized reward strategies are best suited to achieve travel goals.
We are a high-energy team of talented individuals with a passion for travel. RewardExpert offers a supportive environment that encourages creativity, productivity and innovation. Perks of working at RewardExpert include a flexible working environment, comprehensive vacation package (we’re all about travel, after all!), healthcare benefits, team lunches, casual dress code, and more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We would love to hear from you. Please let us know about your prior experience and any side
projects that showcase your work.