Deadline: April 15, 2018
RewardExpert Offers Financial Wellness Scholarships for College Students
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
will be awarded
The RewardExpert Financial Wellness Scholarship is established to help undergraduate students pursuing degrees in Finance, Accounting, Business, and Mathematics to prepare for careers personal finance and finacial fields.
The scholarship is designed to assist with the cost of tuition, room, or board.
One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded annually to deserving undergraduate students with outstanding academic achievement who are attending an accredited 2- or 4-year college within the United States of America.
Upload Your Essays
- 1. Must be an undergraduate student at an accredited university within the U.S. in your second, third, or fourth year. First year students do not qualify.
- 2. Must be attending a 2- or 4- year college during the 2017-18 school year.
- 3. Minimum cumulative GPA must be 3.3/4.0.
- 4. Applicants must be on track towards earning degrees Finance, Accounting, Business, and Mathematics, and other fields related to personal finance careers.
Fill out the short biographical information on the landing page
and upload all required documents at the same time:
- 2 Essays
- Copy of official university or college transcript with school seal.
- Recommendation letter by professor/academic advisor on school letterhead; signed, dated and including their contact information (max. 1 page).
- 6. All documents must be submitted by April 15, 2018 (5:00 p.m. EST) via the scholarship landing page. No applications will be accepted through any other means. No late documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
The essays must each be 250 words or less, typed, and address these topics:
- Essay #1: How do you plan to pursue a career in the personal finance industry?
- Essay #2: What is the biggest personal finance challenge facing consumers today? What solution would you propose?
Number your essays and copy the essay question at the top. Add your own title. Essays to be judged on mechanics, organization, and uniqueness.
An official transcript must have recorded classes, grades, and grade point averages achieved starting from the first semester of your first year of college until your current semester. The transcript must have a an official school seal. We accept scanned and uploaded transcripts via our application portal.
A professor/academic advisor can write the recommendation letter. It must be on university letterhead; signed, dated and including their contact information. The letter must state the capacity in which the nominator knows the candidate and address these areas: academic ability, demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement/extracurricular activities/work experience, and personal qualities.
The scholarship recipients will be announced online by May 30, 2018 and will be notified prior to this public announcement via email. The award winners will be expected to submit a short (<100 word) essay describing their future plans (course of study/career ambitions) and what the scholarship means to them. Recipients will also complete a Testimonial Release Form.
RewardExpert’s Fall 2017 Study Abroad Scholarship Recipient
Congratulations to our scholarship recipient! This scholarship recognizes your efforts to impact and engage with the global community.
RewardExpert’s Spring 2017 Study Abroad Scholarship Recipients
We want to congratulate two deserving students for their achievements and ambitions. This scholarship recognizes their efforts to impact and engage with the global community
“ I am a senior at Texas State University in San Marcos, and I plan on talking Travel Journalism and International Strategic Communication while studying abroad in London and Rome this summer. I am very excited to learn about journalism and communication in a foreign country because I truly believe in diversity in the workplace. I hope to learn as much as I can about the cultures in these countries while I am abroad to strengthen my understanding of the world around me. I expect this experience to help me improve in my storytelling and communication skills. ”— Renee D.
“ I’m exceptionally grateful for the opportunity to travel abroad to Nepal, Jordan and Chile next semester, made possible largely by this generous scholarship. As an Economics major with minors in Education Policy and Poverty & Human Capability Studies at Washington and Lee University, I want to spend my life making other people’s lives better. I hope that my time abroad will give me insights into the most effective ways to make a difference, while exploring three beautiful cultures and connecting with individuals around the world. I could not be more excited for the adventures that next semester will bring. ”— Lorena H.