- for WWF users65
- for Cash Rewards65
- for Everyday use55
World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
The World Wildlife Fund credit card is a decent cashback card that helps support the World Wildlife Fund. It has a $150 sign-up bonus after meeting minimum spending requirements and offers a 0% introductory APR for both purchases and balance transfers. The card earns 3.0 percent cash back on gas, 2.0 percent back at wholesale clubs and grocery stores and 1.0 percent for all other purchases.
The card supports the World Wildlife Fund by donating a minimum of $3 for each card account that’s opened. Additionally, the WWF gets 0.08 percent of all net retail purchases made with the card and a minimum of $3 every year you renew your account.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card offers and the value of the Bank of America BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ cashback you earn.
The World Wildlife Fund credit card offers a $150 sign-up bonus after spending at least $500 on the card within the first three months of opening the account. Additionally, the card offers a 0% introductory APR rate for the first 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made within 60 days of opening the account. The standard 3 percent balance transfer fee with a minimum charge of $10 still applies.
What You Get
- $150 cash back after spending $500 within the first 3 months
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers
- 3.0% back for gas
- 0% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- 10% bonus for direct deposit into a Bank of America checking or savings account
- No annual fee
Cashback rewards never expire as long as you keep your Bank of America World Wildlife Fund card account open.
What is the value of the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Cashback?
The rewards earned from the World Wildlife Fund credit card can be redeemed for cash back directly through Bank of America.
The Best Ways to Redeem World Wildlife Fund Cashback
The best way to redeem your cash back from the World Wildlife Fund credit card is as a statement credit or deposit into a Bank of America checking or savings account. Your cash back is worth exactly what you think it is. If you have a qualifying Bank of America checking or savings account, you will be given at least a 10 percent bonus. Bank of America Preferred Rewards clients could get a 25 to 75 percent bonus.
Everyday Earnings with World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
The World Wildlife card offers 3.0 percent cash back on gas purchases, 2.0 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs and 1.0 percent back for all other purchases. The bonus cash back is capped at a maximum of $2,500 in combined gas, grocery and wholesale purchases made each quarter. You’ll get the standard 1 percent back after you hit that amount.
Additionally, if you are a Bank of America checking or savings account customer, you will earn a 10 percent bonus every time you redeem your cash back as a direct deposit into your account. Preferred Rewards clients can earn a bonus of 25 to 75 percent.
World Wildlife Credit Card Rewards
- Car Rental
- Wholesale clubs
- All Other Purchases
The World Wildlife card isn’t a true travel card, so it doesn’t offer many travel benefits.
Foreign Transaction Fee
You’ll be charged a 3% fee for all transactions made abroad.
Earn Elite Status Fast
The World Wildlife Fund credit card does not offer the ability to earn elite status more quickly with any airline or hotel program.
Fees: the cost of Having World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
Since the World Wildlife Fund credit card doesn’t charge an annual fee, you don’t have to spend anything in order to cover the cost of the card. Especially considering the $150 sign-up bonus, you will come out ahead with this card.
- Annual Fee
- Balance Transfer Fee
Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee
3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Fee
Up to $38
Does the Card Pay for Itself?
World Wildlife Fund Visa Signature is a no-fee card. You do not have to earn a certain amount of rewards in order to cover the cost since it’s free. It’s still good to know roughly how much you’ll be earning, though. We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Top 5 Benefits of the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
The World Wildlife Fund card is simple but rewarding cashback card. Here are its top five benefits:
- Great Earning Potential: You’ll earn 3.0% back on gas and 2.0% back on grocery and wholesale club purchases for the first $2,500 in combined purchases each quarter, and 1.0% back on all other purchases.
- Big Sign-Up Bonus: This card comes with a nice sign-up bonus of $150.
- No Annual Fee: You’ll never have to pay anything for this card. That means all the rewards you earn are essentially free. How can you beat that?
- Supports the World Wildlife Fund: The World Wildlife Fund will receive $3 when you are approved for the card and at least $3 every year when you renew the card.
- Up to a 75% Bonus on Rewards: If you have a Bank of America checking or savings account, you can earn up to a 75% bonus on your cashback rewards.
Should You Get the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
The World Wildlife Fund credit card is a pretty good option for anyone looking for a no annual fee card with decent earning potential. It earns 3.0 percent back on gas purchases and 2.0 percent back on grocery and wholesale club purchases for the first $2,500 in combined spending each quarter. You’ll also get 1.0 percent back on all other purchases. If you’re someone who spends money on gas and groceries regularly, you can earn a decent chunk of change.
Additionally, the sign-up bonus of $150 only requires $500 of purchases in the first three months. This makes the sign-up bonus very attainable, even for people who aren’t big spenders. The 0% introductory APR offer also makes this card a good option if you have a big purchase coming up or if you’re trying to pay down debt on a high-interest card.
Finally, it’s good to know that some of your everyday spending is going to make the world a better place. You’ll essentially be donating to the World Wildlife Fund just by holding and using this card.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Most applicants report having a credit score of 690 or higher when they are approved for the World Wildlife Fund credit card. Keep in mind that even if your score is lower, you could still be approved. Likewise, if your score is higher, it is not a guarantee that you will be approved. Bank of America will evaluate your entire application before approving or denying you.
- No, the credit card and the membership are not the same, but both help support the World Wildlife Fund. You can always have both if you want to help even more!
- The WWF will receive 0.08 percent of the amount that you spend on your credit card each year with a minimum of $3 per year. Additionally, the WWF will receive $3 when you are approved for the credit card account.
- Yes, Bank of America offers other credit cards that benefit other charitable organizations, such as the Susan B. Komen credit card. You can have more than one credit card that benefits a charity.
- No, the World Wildlife Fund credit card is not a secured card, and you will need good credit in order to be approved. If you are interested in a secured card, Bank of America also offers cards that are secured.
Before you decide to apply for the Bank of America World Wildlife Fund credit card, you should consider some other cards that are issued by Bank of America that may be a better fit.
Other BankAmericard Cashback cards
|MLB™ Cash Rewards Mastercard® from Bank of America|
|APR On Purchases||14.49% to 24.49% Variable±||14.49% to 24.49% Variable±||15.24% - 25.24% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers||15.24% - 25.24% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers|
|Second Year Value||$240||$240||$240||$240|
All of the credit cards listed above offer some kind of rewards to the cardholder, but some also benefit an organization. The World Wildlife Fund credit card benefits the World Wildlife Fund by providing at least $3 per cardholder, per year to the fund. The Pink Ribbon card helps fight breast cancer by donating to the Susan B. Komen cancer fund. The MLB card allows you to choose a card design with the MLB team that you love.
All of the cards offer the same rewards for purchases made with your card, and none charge an annual fee.
Compare World Wildlife Fund Card to Other Cards
In addition to looking at other Bank of America credit cards, here are a couple of other cards that might be worth considering.
The Quicksilver Rewards credit card has no annual fee and offers a sign-up bonus of $150 and 1.5 percent back on every purchase. The AARP credit card, another no-fee card, has a sign-up bonus of $100 and offers 3 percent back at restaurants and gas stations and 1 percent back on all other purchases.
The Blue Cash Everyday card from American Express offers a $150 sign-up bonus and 3.0 percent back on purchases at U.S. supermarkets on the first $6,000 in purchases each year, 2.0 percent back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1 percent back on all other purchases. It also has no annual fee.
The best card is the one that will earn the most rewards based on how you spend money, so you should consider what categories you have spent money in over the last 3 to 6 months and estimate your cash back for each card in order to determine which one makes the most sense.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the World Wildlife Fund credit card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this Visa Signature card.
- Intro APR:
- 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 Statement Closing Dates following the opening of your account
- Ongoing APR:
- 14.49% to 24.49% Variable±
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 Statement Closing Dates following the opening of your account for transactions made within 60 days of opening your account
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 17.49% to 26.49%, based on your creditworthiness when you open your account, for Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances, and 26.49% for Bank Cash Advances
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater. ATM, Over-the-Counter, Same-Day Online and Cash Equivalent Cash Advances: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The World Wildlife Fund credit card issued by Bank of America offers standard security features, including the following:
- Account alerts:
- Stay on top of your balances and due dates. Choose from several types of email or text alerts and let your phone tell you when payments are due and paid.
- EMV Chip + Signature Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip-enabled terminals.
- FICO Score:
- You can opt in to access your FICO score. It’s updated monthly for free.
- Online Shopping Security:
- Use the free and easy ShopSafe service when you shop online to generate a temporary credit card number so your real card number remains completely private and protected.
Bank of America has an award winning online and mobile banking app. You can pay your credit card bill online, transfer funds, check available credit and more. The World Wildlife Fund credit card is also compatible with Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
In addition to the benefits listed above, the World Wildlife Fund credit card also offers:
Visa Signature Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Coverage for theft and collision for most rentals in the U.S. and abroad. Coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.