- for Cash Rewards95
- for Everyday use99
Capital One QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
QuicksilverOne from Capital One earns a flat 1.5 percent cash back. No matter the category and no matter the quarter, all purchases earn the same, and redemptions involve zero hassle.
This particular card is great for someone with average credit looking to build up their credit score and score some rewards along the way. The major drawback is that there’s no welcome bonus, plus the card has an annual fee. However, it’s easier to qualify for the QuicksilverOne card versus its no-fee counterpart, the standard Quicksilver card.
You’ll earn cash back quickly by using the QuicksilverOne for all purchases because every dollar you spend earns bonus points. QuicksilverOne is not a travel card, but if cash back is what you’re after, take a closer look at the card’s details below.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card offers and the value of the Capital One Capital One® Cash Back Rewards cashback you earn.
QuicksilverOne does not offer any bonus points for signing up for the card, which is a bit disappointing, especially considering that it has an annual fee. Its sister card, the standard Capital One Quicksilver card, does offer a bonus and charges no fees. But it’s also more difficult to get, requiring excellent credit, instead of the average credit required for the QuicksilverOne.
What You Get
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Earn cash rewards without signing up for rotating categories
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Monitor your credit profile with the CreditWise® app, free for everyone
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- No limit to how much cash back you can earn, and cash back doesn't expire for the life of the account
- Help strengthen your credit for the future with responsible card use
- Get customized alerts and manage your account with the Capital One mobile app
The cashback rewards you earn with the QuicksilverOne card do not expire as long as the account is open and in good standing. Rewards are not capped or limited in any way. If you decide to close the account for any reason, make sure to cash out all the remaining points before doing so.
What is the value of the Capital One® Cash Back Rewards Cashback?
The points you earn with the QuicksilverOne card have a fixed value of one cent each when redeemed for cash back. You can either redeem points as credits against your bill, as a check in the mail or for gift cards. Whatever you do, they have the same value.
The Best Ways to Redeem QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards
Cash back earned with the QuicksilverOne card is as good as real cash. You can redeem it toward anything you purchase — be it groceries, a gym membership or airfare — and in any amount, with no caps or limits. You can even choose a redemption threshold, and the credits will apply automatically once that amount is reached. For example, if you set $10, that amount will be credited to your account every time you earn 1,000 points.
Other ways you can redeem cashback
You can’t transfer your points to hotel loyalty programs, but you can use the cash back you earn to pay for stays at any hotel, motel, Airbnb or resort you want.
QuicksilverOne does not have any car rental partners, but you can use cash back to pay for any rental.
You can redeem your points for gift cards from a variety of retailers.
Everyday Earnings with Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
When it comes to earning rewards, the QuicksilverOne card is not too shabby. With this card, you earn 1.5% back on every dollar you spend. Groceries? Gas? Restaurants? Yes, they all earn the same bonus.
The best part is that you don’t have to keep track of rotating categories or wonder which quarter it is. The card is especially great for consumers who spend in non-traditional categories that don’t earn bonuses on any other cards.
QuicksilverOne Credit Card Rewards
- On every purchase, every day
No Foreign Transaction Fee
Use this card when you travel abroad. You’ll never be charged additional fees for using this card.
Fees: the cost of Having Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card
Unfortunately, the QuicksilverOne card charges an annual fee of $39. Although not particularly high, it’s still an expense of carrying the card. For this reason, you have to spend enough money on the card every year to justify paying the fee. If you spend at least $2,600 on the card annually, you’ll cover that cost. That’s because every purchase earns 1.5% back, so you’ll earn 3,900 points that are worth one cent each.
- Annual Fee
- Balance Transfer Fee
- Foreign Transaction Fee
- Late Payment Fee
Up to $38
See What It Takes to Cover an Annual Fee:
We strongly recommend to spend not less than $1,300 per months to cover the annual fee in three months.
Does the Card Pay for Itself?
We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings you’ll get with the QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card. Is the card worth getting, and should you keep it after you get the sign-up bonus? Let’s find out.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Top 5 Benefits of the QuicksilverOne Card
The QuicksilverOne card comes with several benefits for card members. Let’s review some of the best perks.
- Great Earning Potential: Every purchase you make earns 1.5% cash back. There’s no need to keep track of rotating categories.
- Hassle-Free Redemptions: Points can be used for statement credits toward any expense. Redeem cash back any time, in any amount.
- Qualify with Limited Credit: You don’t need to have excellent credit to get this card, making it a great tool for improving your score and earning rewards at the same time.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Travel worry-free and save between 1 and 3 percent on every transaction made outside of the United States.
- Quickly Improve Your Credit Line: With the Credit Steps program, you can increase your credit line after making just five payments on time.
Should You Get the QuicksilverOne Credit Card?
Perhaps your credit score isn’t the best, and you want to take matters into your own hands. Using a credit card responsibly and paying off all balances on time will help you increase your score over time. Since you likely will not be approved for a high limit, it’s a decent card for those who carry low balances. In addition, you’ll earn above-average rewards.
However, the QuicksilverOne from Capital One is not the best option for those who have a high enough score to qualify for the no-fee version of the card. It’s also not the best card for those looking for travel rewards specifically.
Overall, QuicksilverOne is not a bad option when you can’t qualify for other rewards cards with no annual fees.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Capital One will approve you for this particular credit card if you have a fair to low credit score. Even if your score is in the low 600s, you have a chance of being approved, albeit with a small credit limit. However, with consistent use and a good payment history, you can increase your limit over time.To find out where you stand with the credit bureaus, check with one of the free services, such as Credit Karma or Credit Sesame. It’s always good to know your credit score before applying for an additional credit line.
- Although it’s not a travel card per se, QuicksilverOne waives foreign transaction fees, which makes it useful for international travelers. Foreign transaction fees apply to purchases made at retailers outside of the United States, and depending on the card issuer and the card network, they can vary between 1 and 3 percent per transaction.Carrying a card that waives foreign transaction fees can help save a substantial amount of money on purchases made overseas. QuicksilverOne is also a MasterCard, so you can rest assured that many merchants worldwide will accept it.
- As you already know, QuicksilverOne card earns 1.5 points per dollar on every purchase and charges a $39 annual fee. The standard Quicksilver card earns the same 1.5 percent cash back but doesn’t charge fees, which is a better option between the two.Why would anyone want to apply for the card with higher fees? It’s because Quicksilver card requires a higher credit score, which also means lower approval odds, so it might not be available to everyone. If you’re looking to build credit, the QuicksilverOne card is easier to obtain.
Capital One issues a few different lines of cards, and they earn different kinds of points. Quicksilver-branded cards earn cash back that’s not restricted to travel transactions.
Other Quicksilver cards
|Capital One® Quicksilver® Card|
|APR On Purchases||14.74% - 24.74% (Variable)||24.99% (Variable)|
|Second Year Value||$360||$360|
Like the QuicksilverOne, the standard Quicksilver earns 1.5 percent cash back on all purchases. You don’t have to keep track of your bonus categories or worry about caps on your rewards. The higher your credit score, the higher are your odds of approval.
It’s a great no-hassle rewards card for those with a good to excellent score. And the best part is that there are no annual fees! It’s a good option for those consumers who have excellent credit and are not looking for travel rewards specifically. Cash is king after all.
Compare QuicksilverOne to Other Cards
Cash back cards are so popular these days, and many issuers offer a variety of options. Let’s find out how the cards below compare to the QuicksilverOne.
The MLB BankAmericard MasterCard offers $200 to cardholders who spend $500 on purchases in the first 90 days. The card offers 0% APR for the 12 months for purchases and balance transfers made in the first 60 days of account opening. MLB cards earn 3.0 percent back on gas, 2.0 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1.0 percent back on all other purchases. The card can be customized with one of 30 team logos.
The World Wildlife Fund credit card from Bank of America is also offering $150 back in cash rewards after spending $500 in the first 90 days of card membership. The card offers 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles and balances transferred in the first 60 days. The card earns 3.0 percent cash back on gas purchases, 2.0 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1.0 percent back on everything else. Checking or savings account redemptions earn a rebate of 10 percent.
The AARP Credit Card from Chase offers a $100 cashback bonus for spending $500 in the first three months of account opening. The card earns 3 percent back at restaurants and gas stations, and 1 percent back in all other categories. There are no annual fees, and the AARP card also offers 0% APR for the first 12 months that your account is open.
As you can see, there are many 0% APR cards to choose from if you are looking to become debt- free. Unfortunately, the QuicksilverOne is not one of them.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the QuicksilverOne card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this Platinum MasterCard.
- Intro APR:
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- Ongoing APR:
- 24.99% (Variable)
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
- Extended Warranty Protection:
- You'll get additional warranty protection at no charge on items that are purchased with your credit card.
- Price Protection:
- Reimburses you the difference in price on eligible items should you find a lower price within 60 days.
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 24.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance Fee:
- 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $10
Security and Protections
Capital One provides a high level of security when it comes to your information and alerts its customers if there’s suspicious activity on your card, such as large transactions. The card also comes with a chip for added protection.
- EMV Chip Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip-enabled terminals.
- Credit Score Reports:
- Monitor your credit history for unusual activity, including recently opened accounts and inquiries made on your history.
- Security and Account Alerts:
- You can get personalized emails or text messages to stay on top of your account and its security.
Mobile banking might be the most convenient way to keep track of your transactions these days. Simple and secure access to your account allows you to monitor your credit card activity wherever you are.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
Master Card Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Receive coverage for theft and collision for most rentals in the U.S. and abroad when you pay for the rental with the QuicksilverOne card. Coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
- Lost Baggage Assistance:
- MasterTrip will assist you with locating a lost piece of luggage, but the benefit does not provide any insurance coverage on missing, lost or stolen bags.
- Roadside Assistance:
- Call 1-800-MC-ASSIST if you ever have a problem with your vehicle, including lockout service, towing, jumpstart and gas delivery. Service charges may apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance:
- Receive accidental loss of life or dismemberment coverage of up to $100,000 for any air, bus, train or cruise ship transportation worldwide paid for with your QuicksilverOne card.
- Travel Assistance Services:
- Travel assistance is a benefit for those traveling 50 miles away from home or more. Legal and medical referrals, and other travel and emergency assistance are available at 1-800-MC-ASSIST. Service charges apply.