Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card
The Priceline Rewards Visa from Barclaycard is a good credit card for those who often book travel through Priceline. It earns five points per dollar on Priceline purchases, and those points are worth 1.5 cents each when redeemed for statement credits toward Priceline.com purchases.
In addition to statement credits, points can also be used increase your bid for Priceline’s Name Your Own Price bookings without actually increasing the price you pay if your bid is accepted. The card has a 5,000-point sign-up bonus and carries no annual fee.
A negative aspect of this card is that the points are only worth one cent each when redeemed for non-Priceline statement credits. This limits flexibility when better deals may potentially be found elsewhere. In addition, the card only earns one point per dollar on purchases from anywhere besides Priceline.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card offers and the value of the Barclays Priceline Rewards™ points you earn.
This card comes with a sign-up bonus of 5,000 points, which is worth $75 when redeemed for a statement credit toward a Priceline purchase. There is no spending requirement to earn the sign-up bonus. The card only requires that one purchase be made to get the bonus. In addition, you receive 10 percent of your points back every time you redeem for statement credits toward eligible Priceline or travel purchases of $25 or more made in the last 120 days.
What You Get
- Earn 5,000 points after your first purchase
- Get 10% of your points back when redeemed toward Priceline or travel purchases
- Priceline purchases earn 5 points per dollar spent
Points do not expire as long as your account is open. Since this card has no annual fee, you can hold on to the card indefinitely to keep your points from expiring. If you decide to close your account, you have 60 days to redeem any outstanding rewards.
The earnings structure of the Priceline Rewards card is very simple. You earn five points per dollar on Priceline.com purchases and one point per dollar on all other purchases. This makes the card useful to increase the value of Priceline flights and hotels, but not a very good choice for everyday purchases.
Your Monthly Charges
Rewards You Will Earn Annually24,000points$267in dollar value
- Brand earn
- All Other Purchases
According to the terms and conditions of this card, in order to earn five points per dollar the Priceline purchases must be cruise, Name Your Own Price, Express Deals or Pay Now bookings, or Trip Protection products.
This card does not offer many travel benefits outside of points earning and redemption.
Foreign Transaction Fee
You’ll never pay a fee to use your card while traveling abroad
Get personal assistance, including recommendations and reservations for dining, travel, hotels, entertainment and sporting events
Earn Elite Status Fast
This card does not offer any path to earning expedited elite status.
Fees: the cost of Having the Card
Since this card has no annual fee, no amount of spending is required to cover it.
- Balance Transfer Fee:
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee:
- Foreign Transaction Fee:
- Late Payment Fee:
- Up to $37 Variable±
The sign-up bonus of 5,000 points is worth $75 when redeemed for a statement credit toward a Priceline purchases or $50 when redeemed for a non-Priceline statement credit. Since this card has no annual fee, it clearly pays for itself.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Foreign Transaction Fees-$0
Rewards Earned First Year$323
Foreign Transaction Fees-$0
Rewards Earned Second Year$267
Top 5 Benefits of the Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card
The Priceline Rewards Visa has good earning power for those booking travel through Priceline.com. Points can also be used to upgrade to nicer properties without increasing your out-of-pocket cost by using the Name Your Own Price tool.
- Great Earning Potential: Earn 5 points per dollar for travel booked through Priceline.
- Good Redemption Value: Redeem points at a value of 1.5 cents each for statement credits toward Priceline purchases.
- Points Rebate: Get 10% of your points back when redeeming for Priceline statement credits or other travel. This means points are actually worth 1.65 cents each for these redemptions.
- Improve Your Name Your Own Price Bids: Points can be used to increase your Name Your Own Price bids, which will improves your chances of getting a bid accepted.
- No Annual Fee: You’ll never have to pay anything for this card. That means all the rewards you earn are essentially free. How can you beat that?
The Priceline Rewards Visa is good for anyone who books a significant amount of travel through Priceline.com. The ability to earn five points per dollar on these bookings is better than what other cards offer. Since the card has no annual fee, it is easy to justify holding on to the card long term.
However, the card doesn’t have much in the way of other benefits. The points are only worth one cent or less if they aren’t redeemed specifically for Priceline statement credits. Also, you only earn one point per dollar on all spending outside of Priceline. There are numerous other cards that you would be better off using for other purchases. The card does not offer any other travel benefits, such as lounge access, checked bags, room upgrades, etc.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- You earn five points per dollar if you pay for Priceline vacation packages with your Priceline Rewards Visa. This is one of many types of booking options offered by Priceline that will earn five points per dollar.
- Yes, points can be redeemed for Priceline Express Deals. Purchase the Express Deal using your Priceline Rewards Visa, and redeem points for a statement credit against the purchase at a rate of 1.5 cents per point.
- Yes, Priceline also offers airline tickets in addition to their hotel and vacation packages. The earning and redemption rates for these are the same as for hotels.
You can sign up for a Priceline account for free. In addition, the Priceline Rewards Visa carries no annual fee. All of the rewards discussed here can be had without paying upfront fees.
- I applied for Southwest credit card and haven’t heard anything from them. How can I check my Southwest card application status?
The easiest way to check your Southwest credit card application status is to contact Chase Card Services. To contact then by telephone, dial 1-800-792-0001 if you are inside the U.S. and 1-302-594-8200 if you happen to be outside the U.S. Make sure you have your social security number handy when you are calling Chase because you will need it to verify your identity.
Compare Barclaycard Travel Cards
Barclaycard offers several other cards targeted at travelers. They include two cruise line cards, the Carnival World MasterCard and the Holland American Line Rewards Visa. These are all narrowly targeted toward earning and redeeming rewards with the co-branded partner and are not very valuable as general travel cards. On the other hand, they all carry no annual fee, so there is no cost to holding the card.
Other Barclaycard Cards
The Priceline Rewards Visa has the best earning rate of these three cards at five points per dollar on Priceline.com bookings. Both of the cruise line cards earn only two points per dollar for purchases from their respective brands. The cruise line cards also have a more complicated reward structures that require high levels of spending to unlock the greatest value. The Carnival card allows you to redeem points for one cent each toward statement credits below $1,500 and 1.5 cents each for statement credits above that threshold.
The Holland America Line card is even more complicated. There are five tiers of reward values which range from 1 cent to 2.5 cents per point, depending on the amount of the statement credit. You must redeem for purchases over $4,000 to unlock the highest level.
|Carnival™ World MasterCard®|
|10,000 FunPoints®||5,000 points||5,000 points|
APR On Purchases
|14.99% to 24.99% Variable±||15.99% to 25.99% Variable±||14.99% to 24.99% Variable±|
Second Year Value
Compare the Priceline Rewards Visa Card to Other Cards
The Priceline Rewards card, along with the various cruise line cards, are narrowly focused reward cards designed to essentially offer a form of rebate on spending with the co-branded partners. None of these cards offer generalized travel benefits, such as free checked bags, lounge access or elite status.
- Royal Caribbean Visa Signature® Credit Card
10,000 points offerRead Review
- Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®
10,000 points offer
- Celebrity Cruises Visa Signature® Credit Card
10,000 points offer
The cruise line cards are all currently offering sign-up bonuses of 10,000 points, while the Priceline Rewards Visa is only offering 5,000. The Priceline card offers the most flexibility since many different types of travel expenses can be booked through Priceline, but only cruises can be booked directly with the cruise lines.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Excellent credit score
IssuerBarclays Bank Delaware
Pay with pointsYes
Loyalty ProgramPriceline Rewards™
Flights TypeDomestic and International
AllianceNot a member
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the Priceline Rewards Visa card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this Visa card.
- Intro APR:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- 0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening
- Ongoing APR:
- 15.99% to 25.99% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 23 days
- Extended Warranty Protection:
- Get double the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty. Good for up to one additional year on warranties of three years or less.
- Purchase Protection:
- Will replace, repair or reimburse you for eligible items of personal property for up to $500 per claim. Coverage is good for ninety days from the date of purchase.
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 26.24% Variable±
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The Priceline Rewards Visa includes all of the standard security features offered with any Barclaycard.
- Account alerts:
- Set up alerts to be notified when large transactions occur, if there’s an unauthorized withdrawal and when your bill’s due.
- Banking On The Go:
- Barclaycard offers a mobile app where you can manage your card. It will also send you text messages if there is suspected fraud.
- Emv Chip Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip enabled terminals.
- Credit Score Monitoring:
- Access your credit score for free each month with Barclaycard.
Barclaycard offers a wide range of options for alerts than you can receive on your phone.
- Manage payments and check due dates
- Monitor credit limit and availability
- See every single transaction
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The Priceline Reward Visa is issued as a Visa Signature card and comes with the following cardholder benefits:
Visa Signature Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Receive Auto Rental coverage by charging your entire rental to your card and declining the extra collision insurance offered by the rental company.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement:
- If your checked or carry-on luggage is lost due to theft or misdirection by the common carrier, you can get reimbursed.
- Roadside Dispatch:
- Call 1-800-VISA-TOW for roadside assistance, including lockout service, towing, jumpstart and gas delivery. Service charges apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance:
- Receive accidental death or dismemberment coverage when using your card to pay for travel on common carriers.
- Travel And Emergency Assistance Services:
- Legal and medical referrals, and other travel and emergency assistance is available any time of day. Service charges apply.