NFL Extra Points Credit Card
Are you a die-hard NFL fan? Do you buy merchandise with your team’s logo and tailgate at the stadium on Sundays? I’ve got good news for you! You can get inside the game and enhance your football experience with the NFL Extra Points credit card from Barclays.
The card doesn’t charge any fees, and it earns points that can be redeemed for NFL store gift cards, jerseys, VIP NFL experiences, game tickets and cash back. Each point is worth one cent, and the card’s sign-up bonus is worth $100.
The most dedicated football fans can customize their card’s look with their team’s logo. All 32 team logos are available, so feel free to take sides.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the NFL Extra Points Credit Card offers and the value of the Barclays points you earn.
The NFL Extra Points card comes with a sign-up bonus of 10,000 points. To receive the bonus, all you have to do is spend $500 on the card in the first 90 days of opening an account, which is a low minimum-spending requirement. Redemptions start at 2,500 points, which are worth $25. The sign-up bonus can be redeemed for $100 cash back. For a no-fee card, I’d say that’s a pretty solid return.
Card members also can get exclusive NFL rewards and team experiences, including pre-game sideline passes, access to post-game press conferences and even tickets to the Super Bowl, based on availability. Additionally, NFL cardholders get 20 percent off purchases at NFLShop.com.
What You Get
- Earn 10,000 points after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months
- No interest for 6 months on NFL ticket purchases
- 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within days of account opening
- 20% off purchases at NFLShop.com
- 2 points per dollar for NFL and team purchases
The points you earn with your NFL Visa Signature do not expire as long as the card is open and active. You can keep accumulating them for as long as you want until you have enough for a reward, or redeem them right away. The ball is in your court. The best part of keeping this card for the long term is not having to worry about annual fees.
What is the value of NFL Extra Points Rewards Points?
Points earned with the Barclays NFL card have a fixed value of one cent each when you redeem them for cash back in the form of statement credits. However, redeeming points for gift cards, jerseys or game tickets via your NFL account can change that value.
For example, you can redeem 3,550 points for NFLShop.com gift cards, 12,000 points for jerseys and 25,000 points for game tickets and VIP NFL experiences. In those cases, the value will depend on the actual cost of what you get. And in some cases, you can’t even put value on access to exclusive tickets and unique experiences for cardholders.
What is CPM and How Is It Calculated?
Cents Per Mile (CPM) is a way to measure the value of miles or points. It tells you how many cents you get for each mile or point you redeem by dividing the cash price of the airline ticket by the number of miles or points the award flight costs. That amount is multiplied by the number of miles or points earned per dollar spent on everyday purchases to account for cards that earn more than one mile per dollar spent.
How we calculate CPM:
The final result:1.00cpm
Other ways you can redeem points
NFL Game Tickets
Redeem through the NFL card website to get tickets to see your favorite team or to special VIP events.
Buy a jersey, hat or other NFL merchandise for your team via the NFL Shop website.
You can also redeem points for gift cards that can be used to purchase NFL gear and tickets.
Points are worth a cent each when redeemed for cash back in the form of statement credits.
Fees: the cost of Having the Card
The NFL rewards card doesn’t charge an annual fee, which means you don’t have to worry about spending a certain amount annually to justify holding onto this Barclays card year after year. However, it could take a while for you to redeem points for something valuable. A $50 statement requires $5,000 in transactions on the card, without taking bonus spending into account, and a pair of regular season tickets requires $25,000 in card purchases.
- Annual Fee:
- Balance Transfer Fee:
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee:
- 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Fee:
- Up to $37 Variable±
The NFL Extra Points credit card has no annual fee. You do not have to earn a certain amount of rewards in order to cover the cost since it’s free. It’s still good to know roughly how much you’ll be earning, though. We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Foreign Transaction Fees-$0
Rewards Earned First Year$340
Foreign Transaction Fees-$0
Rewards Earned Second Year$240
Top 5 Benefits of the NFL Extra Points Credit Card
The NFL Barclaycard comes with several perks for the most dedicated football fans. Let’s review the most useful benefits of the card.
- Sign-Up Bonus: Spending just $500 on this card in the first 90 days of account opening will earn you a $100 bonus, which is great for a card that charges no annual fee.
- No Annual Fee: Holding a card for the long term increases your average age of accounts, which is good for your credit score. And not paying anything for this card makes it easy to keep. The best part is that earning rewards doesn’t cost a penny.
- 20% Discount at NFLShop.com: Enter a special promo code at checkout and the discount will automatically apply to your order, minus taxes, shipping and handling.
- Special Ticket Financing: Use your NFL card to purchase game tickets from an eligible ticket office and receive 0% APR for six months from the purchase date.
- Exclusive NFL Team Experiences: You can use your points for game tickets, pre-game sideline access and even Super Bowl tickets—truly once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
The NFL Extra Points credit card is a decent option for football fans looking to save money on game tickets, team apparel and other sports paraphernalia. There aren’t any other credit cards out there that give sports nuts a discount on NFLShop.com purchases, so using it to buy jerseys or hats or pajamas with your team’s logo is a win.
The NFL Visa card charges no annual fee, so it’s not a huge investment to try out the card, and the sign-up bonus of 10,000 points, worth $100, doesn’t hurt. You can get the bonus after spending $500 in three months of card membership. Redeem rewards for cash back right away or take a rain check and save up for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, such as Super Bowl tickets.
The NFL credit card doesn’t offer any travel benefits, so it’s not right for people who are looking for travel rewards. However, it’s a decent card for sports fans that are just getting into rewards cards.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Every time you shop online at NFLShop.com for all things with your favorite team’s logo, you can get a 20 percent discount. As a card member, you can save $20 for every $100 you spend at the online store.To receive the discount, all you have to do is enter the first six digits of your Barclaycard as a promotional code at checkout and viola, you just saved 20 percent off your purchase. The more you shop, the more you save.
- It is possible to purchase NFL tickets with this card from an eligible ticket office and receive 0% APR for six billing cycles. Although a nice feature of the card, you have to be extra careful when it comes to your finances.If for any reason you’re unable to pay off the balance by the time the promotional period is over, you’ll be paying high interest charges—between 15.99% and 25.99% — on the remaining balance. If you do use special ticket financing, be absolutely confident you can pay for the tickets within the given timeframe.
- What credit score do I need to qualify for the NFL card?Pro football fans who are interested in applying for this card have to have a good to excellent credit score to be approved. If your score is at least 670, you’ve got a good shot at approval for the NFL card. If your credit score is in the league below good, I recommend looking for ways to improve it first.To find out where you stand with the credit bureaus, check with one of the free services, such as Credit Karma or Credit Sesame. It’s always good to know your credit score before applying for an additional credit line.
- Does the card charge foreign transaction fees?Depending on the card issuer and the card network, foreign transaction fees can vary between 1 and 3 percent per transaction. Unfortunately, the NFL Extra Points credit card from Barclaycard charges an additional 3 percent fee on top of each purchase made outside of the United States, which will cancel out all your rewards in the end. Foreign transaction fees might not be a huge deal for those cardholders who don’t travel internationally, but if you are one of them, I recommend using other credit cards that waive those fees.
Other Barclaycard Rewards cards
Barclays issues a couple of other rewards credit cards: Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard and Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards. Let’s take a look at whom these no-fee cards might benefit.
|Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®|
|$200||10,000 points||0 points|
APR On Purchases
|15.99% to 25.99% Variable±||15.99% to 25.99% Variable±||14.99% to 27.99% Variable±|
Second Year Value
The Barclaycard CashForward World MasterCard earns 0 points per dollar spent on all purchases, no matter the category, and the points can be redeemed at a rate of one cent apiece. Additionally, the card comes with a $200 sign-up bonus and no annual fee. Redemptions start at 5,000 points, worth $50. It’s a great card for customers looking to earn a flat cashback rate in every category.
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards earns three points per dollar spent at Apple stores and iTunes and two points per dollar spent at restaurants. The Apple Barclaycard offers financing options for Apple purchases made within 30 days of opening the card, based on how much you spend, but it accrues interest on everything else purchased within the financing period. It’s best not to use this card for anything other than an Apple purchase that you can pay off without interest.
Compare the NFL Extra Points Credit Card to Other Cards
There are a variety of cashback cards available. Let’s take a look at a few co-branded options.
- Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
$150 cash rewards bonus offer
- MLB™ Credit Cards
One-time $150 bonus offer
- World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
$150 cash rewards offer
The Pink Ribbon BankAmericard Cash Rewards card is offering new cardholders a $150 bonus after making at least $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. The card earns 3 percent cashback on gas purchases, 2 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1 percent back on all other purchases. Checking or savings account redemptions earn a 10 percent rebate.
The World Wildlife Fund credit card is also from Bank of America and offers the same $150 bonus after spending $500 in the first 90 days of card membership. It’s bonus categories for spending are the same, too. You’ll get 3 percent cashback on gas purchases, 2 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 1 percent back on all other purchases. Checking or savings account redemptions earn a 10 percent rebate.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Excellent credit score
IssuerBarclays Bank Delaware
Pay with pointsYes
Flights TypeDomestic and International
AllianceNot a member
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the NFL Extra Points credit card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this Visa Signature card.
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 23 days
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- 0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles following each balance transfer that posts to your account within 45 days of account opening
- Ongoing APR:
- 15.99% to 25.99% Variable±
- Intro APR:
- 0% promotional APR for six billing cycles from the transaction date on all "Qualifying NFL Team Ticket Purchases"
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 26.24% Variable±
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The NFL card comes with security benefits, such as chip technology that can be used in the U.S. and abroad, access to online banking via computer or Smartphone, $0 fraud liability and free access to a FICO score online.
- Account alerts:
- Set up alerts to be notified when large transactions occur, if there’s an unauthorized withdrawal and when your bill’s due.
- Banking On the Go:
- Track your account with Barclays mobile app.
- EMV Chip Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip enabled terminals.
- Credit Reports:
- Monitor your credit history for unusual activity, including recently opened accounts and inquiries made on your history.
Barclaycard participates in Apple Pay, which is available on all U.S.-branded MasterCard and Visa cards. The feature allows card members to pay for purchases by simply tapping their Apple device at participating merchants.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
Visa Signature Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Barclays offers secondary coverage of a rental car in the case of theft or damage. Primary cardholder and additional drivers are covered when they decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver and pay with the NFL Extra Points card.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement:
- Cardholders can receive up to $3,000 per passenger for damaged or lost bags. Coverage includes cardholder and immediate family members on the same travel itinerary as long as travel was paid for with the NFL card.
- Roadside Dispatch:
- Call 1-800-847-2869 for roadside assistance available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Service includes towing (up to 5 miles), tire changing, jumpstarts, lockout service, fuel delivery (up to 5 gallons) and winching. Service charges apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance:
- Receive accidental death or dismemberment coverage of up to $200,000 for any air, bus, train or cruise ship transportation paid for with your NF card.
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption:
- Trip cancellation or interruption may include reasons such as death, accidental injury, disease or physical illness. Cardholders can receive up to $1,500 for themselves and immediate family members.
- Travel Assistance Services:
- When you’re 50 miles or more away from home, travel assistant services may provide information on travel requirements, emergency cash transfers, medical and legal assistance.