- for New York and Company Customers91
- for Purchases70
- for Everyday Use55
New York and Company Credit Card Review
New York and Company is one of the leading retailers of women’s fashion apparel and accessories. In addition to providing a wide range of clothing options, New York and Company also has a credit card available for its shoppers. Applying for store credit cards can be a great way to save money or earn rewards on your purchases, but keep in mind that some store cards are more useful than others.
The New York and Company RunwayRewards credit card comes with several features that can both benefit and enhance a cardholder’s New York and Company shopping experience. As a cardholder, you’ll earn a reward every time a qualifying amount is charged to the card.
In addition to the rewards, cardholders also have access to a range of exclusive benefits, including an annual birthday coupon, shipping perks and more.
The card includes a few features that can improve a person’s New York and Company shopping experience, but the card itself is very similar to many other store credit cards. First off, it is not affiliated with any major payment network, so it can only be used on New York and Company purchases.
Second, the rewards you’ll earn with the card are also very limited. They can only be earned and redeemed at New York and Company locations.
Even though the card is limited, it has the potential to benefit a responsible credit card user who shops at New York and Company frequently. But if you’re considering applying for the RunwayRewards credit card, keep in mind that there are many other credit cards on the market that may be better for your needs. We’ll cover some of those later in this review.
New York and Company Credit Card Features and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the New York and Company Credit Card offers and the value of the RunwayRewards cashback you earn.
Once approved for this card, New York and Company shoppers will have access to several features that can be highly beneficial to their New York and Company shopping experience. Out of all the benefits included with being a card member, the most significant one is the ability to collect rewards on your New York and Company purchases. Every time you charge $200 to the card, you’ll earn a $ 10 reward certificate.
There are many other benefits included with being a cardholder, too. One benefit of having the card is that you will receive a coupon on your birthday. Cardholders will also have access to cardholder appreciation events, which provide exclusive offers and deals.
In addition to these benefits, cardholders will also receive shipping perks. These shipping perks include free Ask Us shipping in stores and exclusive free shipping days for online purchases. Cardholders can also be upgraded to the RunwayRewards Premier credit card which provides even more benefits.
What You Get
- Get 20% off your next purchase when you start using the credit card
- $10 reward certificate for every $200 spent
- Access to cardholder appreciation events
- $10 birthday coupon
- Early access to special sales
- Shipping perks
Earning and redeeming rewards with the New York and Company credit card is just as easy as it is with almost any reward program included with a store credit card. Unlike some store cards which have you collect points as you make purchases and then redeem those points on a gift certificate, the RunwayRewards credit card will automatically award you with a gift certificate every time $200 is collected on the card.
As of right now, New York and Company does not offer financing on in-store purchases, and the New York and Company RunwayRewards credit card does not include access to any type of special financing option.
One of the biggest customer perks included with being a holder of the New York and Company RunwayRewards card is the ability to participate in cardholder appreciation events. These events provide cardholders with access to exclusive offers and special deals.
Another major benefit included with being a cardholder is the shipping perks. Cardholders will be able to receive exclusive free shipping offers, which can be applied to their New York and Company online purchases, as well as free Ask Us shipping in stores.
By upgrading to the RunwayRewards Premier credit card, you will have access to additional perks that can benefit your New York and Company shopping experience.
What is the Value of RunwayRewards
RunwayRewards is the official loyalty program used by New York and Company stores. To become a member of the RunwayRewards program, you must be a New York and Company RunwayRewards cardholder. As a member of the RunwayRewards program, you can collect a reward certificate every time a qualifying amount is charged to your RunwayRewards credit card.
Unlike some other rewards programs which allow you to collect reward points and then redeem those points on a variety of options, the RunwayRewards program only allows its members to collect a $10 reward certificate every time $200 is charged to their card. Although there aren’t any physical points collected as a RunwayRewards member, the program can be broken down into points in order to get a better understanding of its value.
Let’s say that instead of needing $200 to receive the gift certificate, you need 200 points instead. And one point is earned for every dollar you spend. Since the only thing these points can be redeemed for are $10 gift certificates, it would be safe to assume that these points would have an average value of five cents each.
Every dollar spent yields RunwayRewards members, 5 cents in rewards
What is CPP and How is it Calculated?
Cents Per Point (CPP) is a way to measure the value of points. It tells you how many cents you get for each point you redeem by dividing the cash price of the hotel room by the number of points of an equivalent award stay costs. This can be a somewhat subjective calculation because the price of the stay in both cash and points fluctuates by season and availability.
We use the following formula to calculate the CPP:
Should You Get the RunwayRewards Credit Card?
The RunwayRewards credit card includes a variety of New York and Company shopping benefits, but at the same time it includes many of the traditional features that can make store credit cards undesirable. This card definitely has the potential to benefit a person who shops at New York and Company, but whether or not you should actually apply for it will depend on how often you shop at New York and Company and how responsible you are when it comes to making credit card payments.
When considering the rewards program included with this credit card, applying for it may seem like a good option, especially if you shop at New York and Company on a regular basis. Collecting an additional $10 every time you spend $200 is almost like receiving 5.0% cash back on your purchases.
The biggest problem with this rewards program is that it only allows you to work towards earning rewards when shopping at New York and Company, and the rewards you earn can only be used toward future New York and Company purchases.
Aside from the rewards program, this card does include a few other benefits that can potentially make the card a bit more valuable. On your birthday, you’ll receive a $10 birthday coupon that has no exclusions on what you can purchase.
In addition to this, cardholders will be able to participate in special cardholder appreciation events, which include exclusive offers and sales. Cardholders will also receive shipping perks, including free shipping days that can be applied to online New York and Company purchases.
This card also includes a significantly high APR of 27.49% Variable±. When the APR is this high on a card, it can be dangerous to carry a balance past the end of a payment period. Getting stuck with interest charges at an APR this high could end up costing you a lot more than you ever planned to spend.
It’s important to understand that the RunwayRewards credit card isn’t as beneficial as it may appear to be. When compared to other reward credit card options, the RunwayRewards card is lacking in benefits and offers very little spending capabilities.
Additional features can be unlocked by having the card upgraded to the RunwayRewards Premier credit card, but the Premier card isn’t actually all that different. In addition to this, it can be difficult to maintain your Premier status level.
Whether or not you should apply for this card is up to the applicant, but realistically, it’s a wise decision to consider a few other options before applying for the RunwayRewards card.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Determining whether the RunwayRewards Credit Card is worth applying for is a decision that can only be made by the person who is thinking about applying for the card. The card can potentially benefit a person who shops at New York and Company frequently enough; however, the card is useless when it comes to using it outside of New York and Company.As a cardholder, you have access to the RunwayRewards program, which allows you to earn a $10 reward certificate every time your card collects $200 in purchases. Cardholders will also receive a $10 off birthday coupon. Aside from this, cardholders will also receive shipping perks and have the option to participate in cardholder appreciation events.It is true that if you wish to be a member of the RunwayRewards program you must be a RunwayRewards cardholder, but it’s important to realize that the rewards offered by the card aren’t all that great. The biggest problem with it is the fact that you can only collect and redeem rewards at New York and Company.If you’re considering this card purely because of the rewards that it includes, keep in mind that the RunwayRewards credit card isn’t your only option when it comes to collecting rewards on your New York and Company purchases. There are many credit cards available that allow you to collect rewards on the purchases you make from New York and Company and anywhere else.
- No one can choose to apply for the RunwayRewards Premier credit card. The RunwayRewards Premier credit card is an upgraded version of the standard RunwayRewards credit card.Before you can get the RunwayRewards Premier credit card, you must be a standard RunwayRewards credit card member. As a holder of the standard credit card, you will receive multiple benefits, including the ability to collect rewards on your purchases, a coupon on your birthday, free shipping offers and access to cardholder only appreciation events.Once you’ve charged a minimum of $400 to your RunwayRewards credit card within a calendar year, you will be upgraded to the RunwayRewards Premier credit card. In addition to charging $400 to your card, your account must also be in good standing to qualify for the upgrade.After you’ve been upgraded to the RunwayRewards Premier credit card, you will also be responsible for maintaining your Premier status. To maintain your Premier status, you will be required to spend $400 every calendar year. If you fail to meet the minimum spend, your account will be downgraded to the standard RunwayRewards credit card.
- As a RunwayRewards credit card holder, you will have 24/7 access to Comenity Bank’s online account management services. To access these online account management services, you must create an account with Comenity’s online account center and register your RunwayRewards credit card with it.To sign up for online access, visit the promotional application page for the RunwayRewards credit card on the New York and Company website. From this page, you can either select the option that says “pay bill” or “log in”. After selecting one of these options, you will be brought to the RunwayRewards credit card page on the Comenity Bank website.While you’re on this page, look for the section that says “Why Register for Online Access?” and select the option that says “Register Now.” From there, you will be brought to another page that will ask you to provide some of your RunwayRewards credit card information, including your account number, zip code and one form of identity verification.Once your credit account has been located, you will be able to create your online account that will allow you to manage your card in many ways. With access to Comenity’s online account management services, you will be able to do one of many things, such as pay your bill, update your account info or view your statements, all from a computer tablet or smartphone.
- The RunwayRewards credit card is very easy to apply for, and just like most store credit cards, it can be applied for both online and in-store.The most convenient way to apply for the card is to do so online. To apply online, visit the New York and Company website, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select the option on the bottom right that says “Apply Now.” From there you will be able to fill out an online application.If you wish to apply for the RunwayRewards credit card in-store, simply visit your nearest New York and Company store and ask an associate about applying for their card.
Compare New York and Company Credit Card
Compare New York and Company Credit Cards
New York and Company technically has two credit card options. They are the RunwayRewards credit card and the RunwayRewards Premier credit card. Unlike other stores and card issuers, you are not allowed to choose which credit card you wish to apply for. To become a Premier credit card holder, you must spend at least $400 on your card within a calendar year.
|reward for every $200 spent||$20||$10|
|APR On Purchases||27.49% Variable±||27.49% Variable±|
|Second Year Value||$2,415||$1,210|
The standard and Premier versions of the credit card are very similar. Both cards have $0 annual fees and allow cardholders to collect rewards on their New York and Company purchases. Both cards also include multiple benefits that can enhance a cardholder’s experience when shopping at New York and Company stores.
With the standard RunwayRewards credit card, cardholders will collect a $10 reward certificate every time they spend $200 on their card. In addition to this, cardholders will also receive a $10 off coupon for their birthday. Holders of the standard RunwayRewards credit card will receive shipping perks and have the option of participating in cardholder appreciation events.
As a RunwayRewards Premier credit card holder, you will receive all the same benefits included with the standard card, but with a few added benefits. Instead of collecting $10 when you spend $200, $20 will be collected, and instead of receiving a $10 off coupon when it’s your birthday, a $15 coupon will be received.
In addition to these benefits, holders of the RunwayRewards Premier credit card will also receive front-row access to New York and Company’s monthly style guide, as well as access to exclusive double City Cash days during City Cash events.
Some Alternative Cards for New York and Company Shoppers
Although having a store credit card can be beneficial, it’s important to know that there are many other credit card options available that can be used in place of a store card. There are several different types of general credit card options, including rewards cards and cashback cards, which allow the user to collect rewards virtually anywhere cards are accepted.
Below you will find some cashback credit card options that can all be used instead of the New York and Company card. When comparing these options, you’ll notice that some offer greater cashback rewards, while others offer different benefits.
Best Cashback Card
The Citi Double Cash card offers the best way for you to earn cashback rewards. Many cashback credit cards will only allow the user to collect 1 or 1.5 percent back on their purchases. Unlike these cards, Citi Double Cash allows you to collect 1 percent back when you make a purchase, and then an additional 1 percent when you pay it off. As a Citi Double Cash cardholder, you can earn unlimited 2.0 percent cash back on every purchase you make.
Best Rotating Category Card
The Discover it Cashback Match credit card offers the best rotating category bonuses.
Like almost any other cashback card, the Discover it Cashback Match card allows the user to collect at least 1.0 percent cashback on all purchases. But, cardholders can also collect 5.0 percent back on eligible purchases with the card’s rotating category offer.
Every three months a different category of purchases will be deemed eligible for 5.0 percent cash back. These categories include Amazon.com, gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more. Each time the 5.0 percent bonus is activated, it can be collected on eligible purchases until the quarterly maximum is reached.
In addition to the cash back you can collect on purchases, the Discover it card includes an additional cashback bonus. As a new cardmember, Discover will keep track of how much cash back you earn during your first 12 billing cycles. After your 12th billing cycle, Discover will match all the cashback that you’ve earned.
The Blue Cash Everyday card from American Express offers several outstanding features. As soon as an applicant is approved for this card, they are eligible to collect a sign-up bonus. By spending $1,000 within the first three months of being approved, a $150 statement credit is earned.
When making any standard purchase with the Blue Cash Everyday card, 1.0 percent cash back will be collected. When shopping at supermarkets, Blue Cash Everyday cardholders can collect 3.0 percent cash back on up to $6,000 per year. Charges made at gas stations and select U.S. department stores will receive 2.0 percent back.
Aside from the sign-up bonus and cashback rewards included with this card, it also includes a 0% introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Good credit scoreFair to Good
IssuerComenity Capital Bank
Rewards CurrencyRunwayRewards Points
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the benefits of the New York and Company RunwayRewards card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this store card.
- Intro APR:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Ongoing APR:
- 27.49% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Cash Advance Fee:
- See Terms and Conditions
Security and Protections
Like many store credit cards, the RunwayRewards credit card includes access to a standard online account management system. The system is the same one used by all store cards issued by Comenity Bank.
Some of the online account management features include:
- 24/7 Access:
- Access your account information from virtually anywhere on almost any device, including your computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Access to Monthly Statements:
- Review or print your statements at any time.
- Paperless Billing:
- Receive all bills electronically by enrolling in paperless billing.
- Pay Your Bill:
- Pay online and never worry about making it to a store.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The New York and Company RunwayRewards Credit Card is not affiliated with any of the major payment networks, meaning it does not include any of the standard Visa, MasterCard or Amex benefits.