- for Maurices Customers82
- for Cash Rewards64
- for Everyday Use64
MyMaurices VIP Credit Card Review: Should You Apply?
With over 1,000 stores in the United States and Canada, Maurices has been selling women’s clothing for an impressive 85 years. Their popular store-branded credit card, the mymaurices VIP card, is issued by Capital One. It comes with a variety of perks and benefits any Maurices shopper will appreciate.
When you get the card, and enroll into mymaurices loyalty program you are rewarded with 100 bonus points. Cardholders also receive free shipping, invitations to special sales events, birthday offers and an everyday discount of 10 percent off all purchases, even on sale and clearance items.
Using the mymaurices loyalty rewards program as its foundation, the card offers a few more benefits. Anyone can earn rewards in the mymaurices program, but instead of earning the standard one point per dollar, cardholders have special weekends each month where they earn two points per dollar. Redemption values are quite good too, at the equivalent of as much as 10 percent of your purchase back in rewards points.
In the end, though, you need to be an avid Maurices shopper to reap much value from the card. That’s because rewards points can only be earned and redeemed at Maurices stores and online. More than that, the card can only be used to make purchases from Maurices.
MyMaurices Credit Card Features and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the mymaurices VIP Credit Card offers and the value of the mymaurices points you earn.
Maurices Credit Card Features and Benefits
Maurices shoppers are in for big savings with the no-annual-fee mymaurices VIP credit card. It’s easy to earn rewards as every purchase earns mymaurices points that can be subsequently redeemed for shopping certificates.
Cardholders receive an initial 100 bonus points when they are enrolled in the mymaurices loyalty program and continue to receive a 10 percent discount on all ongoing purchases, including sale items. The perks don’t stop there as you’ll receive birthday offers, free shipping and invitations to special sales.
Double points weekends are also great because you earn two points per dollar spent on the card versus the normal one point per dollar. It takes only 100 points to earn a $5 shopping certificate, and if you shop on double point weekends, that’s only a $50 purchase.
What You Get
- Get 100 bonus points when you apply and are approved to become a mymaurices VIP Credit Cardholder and are enrolled in the mymaurices loyalty program.
- Receive a 10 percent discount on every purchase, even on sale items.
- For every 100 points you earn, you’ll receive a $5 shopping certificate.
- Earn one point for every dollar spent at Maurices and Maurices.com.
- Cardholders receive two points per dollar during monthly double points weekends.
- Receive free shipping to your favorite Maurices store or to your door.
- Cardholders get rewarded on their birthday with special offers.
There are no special in-store financing options or an introductory promotional APR offered with the mymaurices VIP credit card.
Customers who shop at Maurices do not have to be a mymaurices VIP cardholder to earn rewards in the mymaurices loyalty program. The program allows shoppers to e arn one mymaurices rewards point for every dollar spent at the store or online.
There are, however, several advantages for members of the mymaurices loyalty program that apply for the mymaurices VIP credit card. Cardholders, first of all, receive a 100 bonus points when they are enrolled in the mymaurices loyalty program. Continued shopping with the card activates an ongoing 10 percent off on all of their purchases, even on sale items.
Cardholders also receive free shipping to their local store or to their home when shopping on Maurices.com. Additionally, each month cardholders are invited to special double points weekends where they can earn two points for each dollar spent versus the standard one point per dollar. Cardholders also receive special birthday offers.
What Is the Value of mymaurices Rewards Points
The mymaurices rewards program is simple. Earn 100 points and redeem them for a $5 shopping certificate. Cardholders can do even better if they shop on double points weekends, a perk that rewards shoppers with two points per dollar spent instead of the standard one point per dollar. Points can only be redeemed for shopping certificates good at Maurices stores or Maurices.com.
Mymaurices Rewards Points are worth 5 cents each. If you earn 100 points, you can redeem them for a $5 shopping certificate.
What is CPP and How is it Calculated?
Cents Per Point (CPP) is a way to measure the value of points. It tells you how many cents you get for each point you redeem by dividing the cash price of the hotel room by the number of points of an equivalent award stay costs. This can be a somewhat subjective calculation because the price of the stay in both cash and points fluctuates by season and availability.
We use the following formula to calculate the CPP:
Should You Get the Victoria's Secret Credit Card?
The mymaurices VIP credit card is a sleeper. Normally store-branded credit cards just don’t measure up to what you could get with a good cashback card. But the mymaurices VIP credit card is surprising because it offers generous discounts and perks that avid Maurices shoppers will find difficult to duplicate with other cards.
You’re going to receive a 100 bonus points once you receive the card and get enrolled in the mymaurices loyalty program and 10 percent off all of your purchases after that, including sale items. If you shop on double points weekends, another ardholder perk, you could really maximize your rewards.
If you make a $100 purchase, you’ll start by getting a 10 percent discount, worth $10. You’ll also net 200 rewards points, which equate to a $10 shopping certificate. That’s a total of a 20 percent return on your $100 purchase. If you shop frequently at Maurices, you can save a lot by having this card.
Maurices shoppers who tend to carry balances on their credit cards should probably stay away from the VIP card. The card’s high 28.49% Variable± APR can easily negate any discounts or rewards you might receive.
It also goes without saying that the card offers no value unless you’re a Maurices shopper. The mymaurices VIP credit card neither allows you to earn rewards on other purchases, nor does it afford any opportunities for flexible redemptions or cash back. You can even use the card outside of Maurices.
If you’re a die-hard Maurices shopper, get the card and supplement it with a card that rewards all of your shopping and offers additional redemption options. If you’re not a Maurices shopper, this is not a card you should consider. If you’re looking for flexible rewards that can be used for travel or cash back, there are plenty of appropriate cards out there.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- The first charge you should be aware of is the late payment fee that can be Up to $38. If you make a late payment, you will also be charged interest on your credit card balance. The APR is quite high at 28.49% Variable±, so you’ll want to make sure your payments are on time and that you pay your balance in full each month to avoid these fees and charges.The minimum interest charge is $2.00 regardless how small a balance you carry over. Since you can access your account online, it’s easy to keep track of all of your transactions and make sure that your payment has been applied on time.
- When you have accumulated 100 mymaurices rewards points you earn a $5 rewards certificate. Normally this would require an expenditure of $100 because you earn one point per dollar spent.However, if you shop on double points weekends, a benefit of being a mymaurices VIP cardholder, a $50 purchase would yield 100 points and earn you a $5 rewards certificate. That’s a 10 percent return on your $50 purchase. Double points weekends are offered to cardholders and are held once a month.
- Most store cards, like the Maurices VIP card, are typically only good at that specific store plus any affiliated stores. In this case, Maurices does not have affiliated stores, so you can only use your card for purchases at Maurices and on Maurices.com.
- There are many benefits extended to cardholders. First, you’ll want to join the mymaurices rewards program. Membership in the rewards program is the foundation for maximizing all the benefits you’ll receive when shopping with your mymaurices VIP credit card.The first benefit is activated when your card initially arrives as you get 100 bonus points. Continue shopping with your mymaurices VIP credit card and you’ll receive an ongoing discount of 10 percent off every time you shop.If you choose to shop online, you’ll still receive the 10 percent discount on your purchase, and you can have your order shipped to the nearest store or to your door for free. Cardholders receive free shipping on every order.When your birthday comes around, you’re honored with another special offer. Each month, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double rewards points by using your VIP credit card to shop on double points weekends.
- Once you are approved and your card has arrived in the mail, you can go online and sign up for Capital One online customer care. After enrolling, you can access your account online.You’ll be able to view your statements, your account balance, the amount due on your account and the due date. You’ll also be able to pay your bill online and view your transactions. If you choose, you can also select to download any of the available documents such as statements or transaction history.Online access serves an important purpose, allowing you to make sure your payment is credited on time. Since late payments can incur fees Up to $38 and interest rates can reach 28.49% Variable±, you’ll want to be diligent not to carry a balance. Keeping track of your account online allows you to manage your account effectively.
- While you can certainly apply for the mymaurices VIP credit card during your next store visit, you can also apply for the card online.The application website has encryption technology to protect your information so you can complete and submit the application privately and securely. The application site is also designed to timeout after a certain period of time so that your personal information is not exposed.Once you submit your application, you should receive a decision within 60 seconds. If you do not receive an immediate decision, you can continue to check the status of your application on the same website.
- You can add authorized users to your mymaurices VIP credit card account. There is no charge to do this. The user is not added instantly, however. You must contact Capital One to add an authorized user then wait for a new card to be sent to them in the mail.
Compare mymaurices VIP Credit Card
Other Cards From Capital One
All of the cards below are issued by Capital One. Capital One has a diverse lineup of credit cards that cater to every consumer, from those who are just starting to build credit to those who have a strong and established credit history.
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card||Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card|
|Sign-up bonus||50,000 miles||100 points||$150|
$0 intro for first year; $95 after that
|APR On Purchases||17.99% - 25.24% (Variable)||28.49% Variable±||16.24% - 26.24% (Variable)|
|Second Year Value||$480||$240||$360|
For those looking for a simple cashback card, the Quicksilver Rewards card is a worthy option. You’ll receive a $150 sign-up bonus when spending $500 in the first three months after you’re approved.
You’ll also earn 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase, not just in specific categories. The card does not have an annual fee, so you can keep it as long as you like. Shoppers can shop as much as they want and pay it off over time with the additional benefit of a 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 15 months after the card is open.
If it’s time to think big and maybe do some shopping in Milan, Italy, instead of Maurices in downtown Columbus, Ohio, the Venture Rewards card may help you get there. It comes with a 50,000-mile sign-up bonus when you spend $3,000 in the first three months after card opening.
You’ll also earn two miles for every dollar you spend on the card. The card does come with an annual fee of $0 intro for first year; $95 after that.
If you’re an avid Maurices shopper, you can’t beat the discounts you’ll receive with the mymaurices VIP credit card. Cashback cards and other rewards cards aren’t going to match what you’ll earn on your Maurices purchases by using the mymaurices VIP credit card.
That said, the mymaurices VIP credit card is not going to earn rewards on any other purchases. It is also not going to provide you with the opportunity to earn free travel or cash back.
Some Alternative Cards for Maurices Shoppers
The mymaurices VIP credit card offers rewards and savings on Maurices purchases, but all your other expenditures will earn nothing. A cashback card can be a productive alternative or supplement to your mymaurices VIP card. Certain cashback cards can provide increased rewards for spending that is heavy in a particular category while other cashback cards offer the additional benefit of an initial 0% APR, which allows you to spread out the repayment of a large purchase over an extended period of time.
Best Cashback Card
The Citi Double Cash card is an overall good choice to ensure you’re earning cash back on all of your purchases. You simply earn 1 percent cash back when you make the purchase and 1 percent when you pay off your card each month.
There’s no sign-up bonus, but there is also $0 annual fee. Forget special bonus categories as this card rewards every purchase.
Best Card for Everyday Purchases
If you spend frequently on groceries, gas and at department stores, the Blue Cash card from American Express could serve you well. This $0-annual-fee card offers 3.0 percent cash back at supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases a year. You’ll also get 2.0 percent back for purchases of gas and at department stores. All other purchases earn 1.0 percent.
You’ll also earn a $150 statement credit after spending $1,000 in the first three months. No need to pay off your statement each month as the card offers a 0% APR for your first 15 months.
Get the Biggest Bonus
If you want a sign-up bonus and don’t have heavy spending in any particular bonus category, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® may be a good choice. Its $15,000 sign-up bonus after spending $500 in the first 90 days after card approval is a nice jumpstart to your earnings.
All of your purchases receive 1.5 percent cash back. Also you can get $100 cash back for each friend who gets the Freedom Unlimited® card. The $0-annual-fee card also comes with 15 months of 0% APR for purchases.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Recommended Credit Score:Fair
Rewards Currencymymaurices Rewards Points
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the benefits of the mymaurices VIP credit card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this store credit card.
- Intro APR:
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- Ongoing APR:
- 28.49% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
Security and Protections
Accessing your mymaurices VIP credit card account online allows you to keep track of transactions, payments and other account information. Your card also comes with an embedded chip for extra security when using it at merchants with chip-enabled terminals.
- Online Account Access:
- Enroll in Capital One online customer care and access your account online to make payments, view transactions and set up custom alerts. Account alerts notify you when you payment is due, when a large transaction is made and other activity on your account.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The mymaurices VIP credit card is a store-branded card issued by Capital One and is not affiliated with MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Therefore, none of the associated benefits are offered with this card.