Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
If you’re a business owner looking for a travel rewards credit card with no annual fee, you’ll find good value in the Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard. Offering a balance of good earning potential with travel benefits and access to business expense management tools, the card stands tall in the world of travel rewards, especially for a no-fee card.
Getting a sign-up bonus worth $333 of travel creates immediate value for a business owner, and ongoing earnings can reduce future travel expenses. If your business incurs travel expenses, you’ll find your points adding up quickly because you’ll be earning three points for every dollar you spend with the Bank of America Travel Center powered by Orbitz. All other purchases earn 1.5 points per dollar, which is better than many cards out there.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® offers and the value of the Bank of America WorldPoints® Rewards points you earn.
Get a Jumpstart on earning travel rewards with a sign-up bonus of 25,000 points, worth $333 toward travel, for spending $1,000 in the first 60 days after you’re approved for the card. You’ll also receive features and benefits normally seen on cards that charge an annual fee. No foreign transaction fees and earnings of three points per dollar on travel expenses make this card a good choice for a business with ongoing travel expenses.
What You Get
- 25,000 points after spending $1,000 within the first 2 months
- 3 points per dollar for travel purchases made through the Bank of America Travel Center
- 1.5 points per dollar for all other purchases
- No annual fee
- 0% APR on purchases for nine months
Your points will not expire as long as your account is open and in good standing. If the account is closed for any reason, the points are forfeited. You may also transfer points between eligible accounts.
What is the value of the WorldPoints® Rewards Points?
You’ll realize the best value for WorldPoints on travel purchases and redemptions. Since earnings are three points per dollar through the Bank of America Travel Center, versus 1.5 points for other purchases, the standard one-cent-per-point value essentially becomes three cents for every dollar spent. The worst redemption of your points is for gift cards and cash where you receive less than one cent per point.
Having a qualified banking relationship with Bank of America and signing up for their Preferred Rewards program adds to the number of points you’ll earn, from 10 to 75 percent more.
What is CPM and How Is It Calculated?
Cents Per Mile (CPM) is a way to measure the value of miles or points. It tells you how many cents you get for each mile or point you redeem by dividing the cash price of the airline ticket by the number of miles or points the award flight costs. That amount is multiplied by the number of miles or points earned per dollar spent on everyday purchases to account for cards that earn more than one mile per dollar spent.
How we calculate CPM:
The Best Ways to Redeem Business Advantage Travel Rewards Points
The best use of your WorldPoints is to redeem them for travel. You can do this as a statement credit toward previous travel purchases or redeem them for future travel via the Bank of America Travel Center. You’ll receive one cent per point for these redemptions.
Travel is defined quite broadly and includes just about every form of transportation, lodging and various travel activities, so you’ll find it easy to redeem your points. If it’s available from the travel center, you’ll earn points, and you can redeem your points there, too.
Miami–ChicagoEconomy classMiles price32,340points+$0 feeDollars price$323
Atlanta–SeattleEconomy classMiles price73,240points+$0 feeDollars price$732
Philadelphia–DenverEconomy classMiles price57,039points+$0 feeDollars price$570
Los Angeles–SeoulEconomy classMiles price162,335points+$0 feeDollars price$1,623
New York–LondonEconomy classMiles price178,956points+$0 feeDollars price$1,789
Chicago–DubaiEconomy classMiles price197,000points+$0 feeDollars price$1,970
San Francisco–New YorkBusiness classMiles price196,640points+$0 feeDollars price$1,966
Seattle–HonoluluBusiness classMiles price258,970points+$0 feeDollars price$2,589
Boston–Los AngelesBusiness classMiles price119,640points+$0 feeDollars price$1,196
Boston–FrankfurtBusiness classMiles price288,700points+$0 feeDollars price$2,887
Seattle–AucklandBusiness classMiles price512,466points+$0 feeDollars price$5,124
Dallas–BogotaBusiness classMiles price237,956points+$0 feeDollars price$2,379
Other ways you can redeem points
No need to worry about booking at a specific hotel chain. Your points can be redeemed at any hotel on the Bank of America Travel Center powered by Orbitz.
Redeem your points for car rentals through the Bank of America Travel Center.
While the option to redeem your points for gift cards or cash back is available, the value you’ll receive is less than one cent per point.
While you earn at least 1.5 points per dollar for purchases on the Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard, your earnings accelerate for travel purchases from the Bank of America Travel Center.
- All Other Purchases
Each dollar spent on the Bank of America Travel Center earns three points per dollar. If your business is purchasing travel, your rewards will add up very quickly. Best of all, the definition of travel for rewards purposes includes most forms of transportation, lodging, tours and activities.
Business Advantage Travel Rewards cardholders enjoy Bank of America World MasterCard travel benefits.
No Foreign Transaction Fee
Purchases outside of the United States are not charged any additional fees.
World Concierge Services
Receive personal travel services, access to special events, airport meet and greet services, and reservation assistance.
One Fine Stay Perks
Receive a 10% discount and elite level benefits at over 2,500 high-end rentals.
Earn Elite Status Fast
The Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard is not affiliated with any airline or hotel loyalty program and does not facilitate earning any elite status.
Fees: the cost of Having the Card
Since the Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard has no annual fee, you don’t have to worry about reaching a certain level of spending to offset any expense.
- Annual Fee
- Balance Transfer Fee
Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee
- Late Payment Fee
- $19 if balance less than or equal to $100; $29 if $100.01 - $1,000; $39 if $1,000.01 - $5,000; $49 if greater than $5,000
The Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard is a no-fee card. You do not have to earn a certain amount of rewards in order to cover the cost since it’s free. It’s still good to know roughly how much you’ll be earning, though. We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Top 5 Benefits of the Business Advantage Travel Rewards Card
Earn travel rewards quickly with a generous sign-up bonus and solid ongoing earning potential. With no annual fee and an initial 0% interest period, the card is a cost-effective business tool for earning travel rewards and managing business expenses.
- Generous Sign-Up Bonus: You’ll receive 25,000 points, worth $333, after spending only $1,000 in the first 60 days after you’re approved for the card.
- Great Earning Potential: Every dollar you spend will earn you 1.5 points, and when you book travel through the Bank of America Travel Center, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar. There is no limit to how many points you can earn.
- No Annual Fee: You can keep the card for as long as you desire as you’ll never have to pay an annual fee.
- Flexible Travel Redemptions: Points can be redeemed for statement credits towards previous travel expenses or for Travel Center purchases. The definition of travel is broad and includes flights, hotels, cruises, vacations, rental cars and even airline baggage fees.
- 0% APR Period: You will not be charged interest on your purchases for the first 9 statement periods. That’s great for financing a large purchase.
Should You Get the Business Advantage Travel Rewards Card?
If you’re a small business owner who is seeking a travel rewards credit card, you should consider the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard. If you have significant travel expenses, you’ll maximize the earning potential of the card and offset future travel expenses.
Additionally, if you have a current relationship with Bank of America, Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch, you could earn significantly more on your purchases, from 10 to 75 percent more, depending on the extent of your relationship.
With access to online business support tools, no foreign transaction fees, a sign-up bonus worth $333 towards travel and an introductory 0% APR, this card offers added value for you and your business. And it does all of this for no annual fee. If you’re not spending money on travel for your business, a 2 percent cashback card, or a card with bonus categories that match your primary expenses, may be better for you.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- The travel definition is very broad and includes car rentals, cruises, travel agencies, tours, taxis, limos, train travel, ferries, bus, rentals and timeshares, campgrounds, trailer parks, motor home and recreational vehicle rental, tourist attractions, amusement parks, carnivals, circuses, boat rentals, aquariums and zoos and more.When redeeming your Travel Rewards Points for travel, the options are many. No need to worry about blackout dates or redeeming on specific airlines. You can redeem your points for a credit that will be applied to your Bank of America World MasterCard account statement that will offset previous travel purchases. A complete list of qualifying travel expenses is included in your benefit guidelines.You can also redeem your points directly online through the Bank of America Travel Center for travel purchases. Those purchases will earn three points per dollar spent and may include airfare, lodging, rental cars and more. The Travel Center is powered by Orbitz and easy to use.
What are some of the business benefits of having the Bank of America Business Advantage Travel Rewards MasterCard?This Bank of America credit card offers features that can help you manage your business, including the basic function of keeping your business expenses separate from your personal expenses. You can also keep track of employee purchases by ordering additional cards for their use.Your business could potentially benefit by utilizing the initial 0% APR period to finance a business purchase over nine statement periods without incurring interest. If you travel internationally for business, you’ll enjoy no foreign transaction fees on your purchases outside of the United States and receive travel benefits, such as lost and delayed baggage coverage.Cardholders also have access to online cash flow management tools that offer detailed and customized spending reports, the ability to download transactions to QuickBooks and employee-level expense tracking tools.
- As with many other travel rewards credit cards, there is the option to redeem points for gift cards or cash back. While the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard offers these redemption options, the value you receive when choosing either of these is significantly less than the one cent or more you’ll receive by redeeming your points for travel expense statement credit or for travel through the Bank of America Travel Center.
Bank of America does a nice job of offering a wide variety of credit cards to serve any size or type of business. Each Bank of America card listed below comes with Bank of America World MasterCard benefits, the ability to earn rewards points on every purchase and redemption options that can offset your business travel expenses.
Other Bank of America Travel cards
|Sign-up bonus||10,000 points||25,000 points|
|Annual Fee||$0 first year, then $125||$0|
|APR On Purchases||12.24% to 22.24% Variable±|
|Second Year Value||$453||$480|
When we compare the annual fees on these cards, the Business Preferred card stands out with a significant $0 annual fee. While that fee is waived for the first year, the other cards will never charge members an annual fee.
The Business Preferred World MasterCard is a charge card versus a credit card, which means you will have to pay off the balance each month. The advantage is that you do not have a preset credit limit, which can help when making large purchases for your business. The Business Preferred also incurs a 2 percent foreign transaction fee for purchases outside of the United States, so it would not serve you well if you travel internationally for business.
Compare Business Advantage Travel Rewards MasterCard to Other Cards
When you’re looking for a travel rewards credit card, comparing rewards, bonuses and annual fees is paramount. You’ll also want to make sure the card you select rewards your particular spending patterns. While none of the travel rewards cards below allows you to earn, redeem or transfer points to specific airline or hotel programs, they all offer the opportunity to redeem points for free travel. The Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard comes out ahead in many ways.
Looking at sign-up bonuses, the Priceline Rewards Visa Card is weak in its offering of 5,000 points. With earnings at only one point per dollar for all purchases, it is also not a good everyday card. Additionally, it has a 3 percent foreign transaction fee. The card would only benefit someone who is using the Name Your Own Price option on Priceline, which receives five points per dollar spent. Otherwise, it should not be considered as a viable business credit card.
The FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature comes with a respectable 20,000-point sign-up bonus and offers earnings of two points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, airlines and cell phone expenses. When it comes time to redeem your points, you can receive up to two cents per point in value on airline tickets. If your purchases fall into these categories and you buy airline tickets, your business could benefit from the FlexPerks Travel Rewards card. It has a $49 annual fee that is waived the first year.
The Expedia Voyager card has a respectable sign-up bonus of 25,000 points but comes with a $95 annual fee. Earnings are one point per dollar on all purchases and two points on dining and entertainment. Certain Expedia purchases receive four points per dollar. The downside of this card is that to receive the best value for your points, you must select certain hotel redemptions.
If your business has significant travel expenses, the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard could be a worthy vehicle for earning rewards and reducing future travel expenses. The card offers a nice balance of travel rewards, travel perks, good earning potential, flexible travel redemptions and access to business tools, and does it all for no annual fee.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this World MasterCard.
- Intro APR:
- 0% Introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles following the opening of your account
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Ongoing APR:
- 12.24% to 22.24% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
- Extended Warranty Protection:
- Coverage will double the length of a qualifying warranty, up to 24 months for eligible items.
- Price Protection:
- If you find a lower price for your eligible item within 120 days of purchase, you may be reimbursed the price difference.
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 25.24% Variable ±
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The Business Advantage Travel Rewards card has standard Bank of America security features, such as ID theft services, the ability to set up custom alerts and convenient access to your account via the Bank of America Mobile Banking app. Chip technology and ShopSafe provide additional acceptance and security.
- MasterCard ID Theft Monitoring:
- Scans, detects and helps resolve identity theft.
- Custom Account Alerts:
- Set up email and text alerts for payments due and notifications of unusual transactions.
- Optional Overdraft Protection:
- Link your business checking account to your business MasterCard and have overdraft protection for purchases. Fees apply: either $10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater.
- Chip Technology:
- Enjoy acceptance and security worldwide at merchants using chip-enabled terminals.
- $0 Liability and Fraud Alerts:
- You’ll have zero liability if such activity is detected.
- A temporary credit card number is created so you can shop securely online. Your real credit card number remains private and secure.
Enjoy the convenience of digital payment options as well as the security of the Masterpass Digital Wallet. Manage your Business Advantage Travel Rewards World MasterCard account online with the Bank of America Mobile Banking App.
- Digital Payments:
- Pay securely and conveniently with Apple Pay, Microsoft Wallet, Samsung Pay and Android Pay.
- Masterpass Digital Wallet:
- Click, tap or touch wherever MasterCard is accepted for fast, easy and secure check out.
- Bank of America Mobile Banking:
- Manage your card account online anytime and anywhere with the app on your smartphone.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The Business Advantage Travel Rewards card comes with World MasterCard travel benefits that deliver help when you need it. Having access to rental car coverage, baggage insurance and emergency assistance could save the day.
Master Card Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Theft and collision coverage for U.S. rentals and abroad that is secondary to your personal auto insurance. Terms and conditions apply.
- Baggage Delay Insurance:
- If your bags are delayed 6 hours or more, you could receive up to $100 for the reimbursement of essential items.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement:
- No need to worry about lost, stolen or damaged bags. Coverage is provided for the cardholder and immediate family members on the same travel itinerary.
- Roadside Dispatch:
- Roadside assistance is one call away. Receive lockout service, towing, jumpstarting or gas delivery. Service fees apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance:
- Worldwide accidental death and dismemberment coverage for you and your immediate family is provided. Pay with your card for air, bus, train or cruise ship transport to qualify.