- for Big Lots Customers62
- for Cash Rewards65
- for Everyday Use61
Big Lots Credit Card
Furthermore, the special financing offers change periodically, and you must inquire at the time of purchase in order to find out about the current offers. You might not even qualify, so the benefit can’t really be relied on.
The card has no annual fee, but you can only use it for purchases from Big Lots stores. There is no rewards program associated with the card, and you won’t earn any cash back or discounts. Big Lots has a separate rewards program, but it’s open to anyone, not just cardholders.
For these reasons, the Big Lots credit card isn’t going to be a good option for most people. If you are making a purchase and the current special financing offer works for you, though, you might consider applying for the card.
Other credit cards offer rewards for your spending, and many cards will even offer introductory 0% APR financing. We will go into more details about the Big Lots credit card and other cards you may want to consider below.
Features and Benefits
The Big Lots credit card offers a handful of benefits, but the benefits only apply to in-store purchases at Big Lots. In fact, you won’t be able to use this card outside of a Big Lots store. The card doesn’t have an annual fee.
You may be able to choose a special financing option when you make a purchase, but you must inquire about current offers at time of purchase as they change regularly. Note that not all purchases or cardholders will qualify for special financing.
If you forget to bring your Big Lots credit card to the store, don’t worry. An associate can look up your account to complete your purchase.
What You Get
- Special financing for qualifying cardholders and purchases
- No annual fee
- Exclusive member offers
The Big Lots credit card does offer special in-store financing. These special financing offers change and are not standardized, so you’ll have to check the current offers at your time of purchase.
The promotional financing available with the Big Lots credit card is offered by Comenity Capital Bank, and they will determine the qualifications for credit and promotion eligibility. Minimum purchase and minimum monthly payments will be required.
How Much Will You Earn with Big Lots Credit Card?
The Big Lots credit card does not offer cash back for purchases, but you will occasionally be sent special offers that apply to different types of purchases.
You can also sign up for the Big Lots BIG Rewards program. The Big Lots BIG Rewards program is separate from their credit card, but there’s no reason that you shouldn’t sign up, regardless of having the Big Lots credit card.
With BIG Rewards, you’ll earn a $5 for every three purchases you make, and a $10 bonus reward for every $200 you spend on furniture, including patio furniture. Additionally, BIG Rewards members get VIP Shopping Days; Buy More, Save More coupons; and a birthday surprise. You can combine rewards with discounts and other offers.
Should You Get the Big Lots credit card?
The Big Lots card probably isn’t the best option for most shoppers. First off, the card is only valid for purchases made at Big Lots. You can’t use your Big Lots card at other stores, and you can’t even use your card for online purchases from Big Lots. Right away, it’s not a very flexible card.
Furthermore, the Big Lots card doesn’t offer any form of cash back, though it does come with some special offers and discounts. Unfortunately, there’s no way to find out what these offers will be ahead of time, and they aren’t always available.
The Big Lots card does offer special financing too, but again, you can’t find out the details of this ahead of time and you will need to inquire in the store. Overall, the Big Lots credit card is inflexible and offers little benefit to customers.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- You can login to your account online or you can pay your bill by phone by calling 888-566-4353. There may be a fee to process a phone payment. You can also pay your bill by mail. Acceptable forms of payment include checks, money orders and cashier’s checks in U.S. dollars.
- Yes, you can pay and view your bill online; however, you will first need to enroll. You can enroll and view your billing statement via Comenity Bank’s website.
- You can’t use your Big Lots credit card for online purchases. It is only valid for in-store purchases.
- As a new cardholder, you can make in-store purchases using the account lookup feature. You will need to provide a government-issued photo ID, the last four digits of your social security number, the month and day of your birth and your zip code in order to make the purchase without your card.
- Your card will arrive within 7 to 10 business days after account approval.
- If you want to request a credit line increase, you can call the Big Lots credit card customer care center at 888-566-4353.
- Yes, you can add an authorized user to your Big Lots credit card account. To do so, call the Big Lots credit card customer care center at 888-566-4353. The authorized user will receive their Big Lots credit card in the mail.
- You don’t need a very high credit score in order to be approved for the Big Lots credit card. Most people who are approved report having a credit score of 610 or higher, so this could be a good card to use to build your credit history if you can’t get approved for a better credit card.Keep in mind that even if your credit score is higher than 610, it is not a guarantee that you will be approved. Your entire card application will be reviewed before a decision is made. Likewise, if your credit score is lower than 610, you could still be approved for the Big Lots card.
Will I automatically be enrolled in the Big Lots rewards program when I sign up for the Big Lots credit card?No, you won’t be automatically enrolled. The Big Lots credit card and Big Lots rewards program are separate. You don’t have to have the card to join rewards program, and you don’t need to be in the rewards program to get the card.There’s no reason not to sign-up for the rewards program, even if you aren’t sure about getting the credit card. If you decide to get the Big Lots credit card, you’ll need to sign up for the rewards program separately if you would like to be a member.
- If you want to join the Big Lots BIG Rewards program, you’ll need to sign up online or visit any participating Big Lots retail store. In order to sign-up, you only need a valid email address. When you join the Big Rewards program, you will receive a welcome offer in your email within 48 hours.
- Big Lots BIG Rewards does not charge a membership fee.
- In order to earn a $5 reward, you need to make at least three qualifying purchases at Big Lots. Qualifying purchases include both in-store and online purchases but does not include returned items, gift cards, rentals or donations. Only one purchase per store, per day qualifies.Additionally, you can earn a bonus reward for furniture purchases. For every $200 spent on indoor and patio furniture, you can get a $10 bonus reward in addition to the standard $5 reward.
- Yes, your Big Lots rewards certificate can be redeemed online and in stores.
- Yes, redeeming a reward certificate will still count as a qualifying purchase to earn your next reward.
- Yes, when you log in to your Big Rewards account, you can easily access your transaction history. Transactions show up in your purchase history in a few different ways. You can present your rewards card during your in-store purchase. You can order online and view your profile (including your Big Rewards). Or, you can manually add a transaction to your account by entering in information from your receipt.
- If you forgot your rewards card, it’s okay. A store associate can look up your rewards account number by using your email address, first name and last name. If you forgot to look up your card, you can manually enter information from your receipt online to have the purchase added to your account.
- It’s not possible to share your rewards because you need to be present to redeem it or to make a purchase from your online account. You can, however, buy something for someone else through your account.
- If you lost your Big Rewards card, simply login to your online account and follow the instructions to replace or add a card. You can choose to create a digital rewards card or sync your account with a physical card. You can visit any participating Big Lots store for a replacement card.
- If you unsubscribe from emails, Big Lots will not be able to send you any promotional emails, including Rewards coupons and special offers.
- Rewards are valid for 17 days from the date they are issued to your account.
- Yes, you can use multiple rewards in a transaction. Note that online purchases are limited to two total discounts, but in-store purchases permit more.
- Yes, qualifying purchases are only counted for a rolling 12-month period. After that time, the purchases will expire from your account.
- A pending reward has been earned but not yet issued. If you have three active rewards, you will see rewards as pending until your previously earned rewards have been redeemed. Big Lots issues rewards every Friday to eligible members.
Before you decide to apply for the Big Lots credit card, let’s take a look at a couple of similar credit cards that may be a better fit for you.
Compare Similar Store Credit Cards
Generally speaking, the Kohl’s Charge card, Target REDcard and Walmart credit card each have more to offer than the Big Lots credit card. The Target REDcard offers 5 percent off on most purchases at Target, a 10 percent coupon on your account anniversary, free shipping on most items at Target.com and 30 extra days for returns, among some smaller benefits.
The Kohl’s Charge card offers a sign-up bonus in the form of a 30 percent off coupon that is good for your first purchase. You’ll also get 12 special offers every year, a special anniversary offer and more if you spend at least $600 on your Kohl’s Charge card annually.
The Walmart credit card offers $25 off your first Walmart purchase of $25 or more (online only), 3.0 percent back on most Walmart purchases, 2.0 percent back at Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations and 1.0 percent back on all other purchases.
Each of these cards will offer more concrete and reliable savings than the Big Lots card, at least as long as you shop at the store.
Some Alternative Cards for Big Lots Shoppers
Before you apply for the Big Lots credit card, it’s a good idea to take a look at a few other credit card options to see if they would offer more return on your spending. There are many different cards to consider, but below we will take a closer look at the Discover it – Cashback Match, Citi Double Cash and Blue Cash from American Express.
- Discover it® - Cashback Match™
Up to 5% cash back offerRead Review
- Citi® Double Cash CardRead Review
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
$150 cashback bonus offerRead Review
Best Cashback Card
Of these three options, the best cashback card is Citi Double Cash. It offers 2.0 percent cash back on all purchases. You’ll get 1 percent when you make the purchase and another 1 percent when you pay off your card.
In terms of rewards, the Citi Double Cash card is always going to come out ahead of the Big Lots credit card, which doesn’t offer rewards. Additionally, the Citi Double Cash card can be used anywhere, not just at Big Lots stores. It might be hard to get the Double Cash card if you don’t have a higher credit score, however.
The Citi Double Cash card also offers an introductory APR period on balance transfers for the first 18 months, as long as the transfer is made within four months of account opening. The balance transfer fee is either $5 or 3 percent, whichever is greater.
The Citi Double Cash card doesn’t have an annual fee.
Best Rotating Category Card
The best rotating category card is the Discover it – Cashback Match card. This card offers 5 percent cashback categories that rotate every quarter. The categories aren’t constant from year to year, but often include gas stations, restaurants, wholesale clubs, department stores and Amazon.
While you might miss out on a few percentage points of cash back from one category during a specific quarter, you’ll probably make up for it in other quarters, depending on where you spend money, of course. The Discover it card earns 1 percent back on all other purchases.
What makes this card even more amazing is that for your first year, Discover will double all of your cash back. That means that the 5.0 percent categories will be doubled, essentially earning 10 percent back. And your base level 1 percent will be 2 percent back. This alone makes the card almost unbeatable for the first year, regardless of what categories you spend money in.
You’ll also receive 0% APR for the first 14 months on both purchases and balance transfers. Balance transfers are subject to a 3 percent fee. The Discover it card doesn’t have an annual fee.
Get the Biggest Bonus
If you’re looking for a big sign-up bonus with good everyday spending categories, the Blue Cash Everyday card from American Express is worth serious consideration. It offers $150 back after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new card within your first three months as a cardholder.
Additionally, you’ll earn 3.0 percent cash back at U.S. supermarkets on your first $6,000 in purchases per year, 2.0 percent back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1.0 percent back on all other purchases.
The Blue Cash Everyday card from American Express offers a 0% introductory APR period for purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. It does not have an annual fee.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Good credit score
IssuerComenity Capital Bank
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the benefits of the Big Lots credit card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this card.
- Intro APR:
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- Ongoing APR:
- 29.99% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Cash Advance Fee:
- See Terms and Conditions
Security and Protections
The Big Lots credit card is a store card that only works at Big Lot stores, nevertheless, it offers a couple of security features.
- Online Account:
- Access your account, monitor your spending and pay your bill through the online account.
- Zero Fraud Liability:
- You’re never liable for unauthorized purchases.