- for AT&T Customers34
- for Cash Rewards52
- for Everyday Use55
AT&T Access Credit Card From Citi
Citi issues the AT&T card, as well as other credit cards that earn ThankYou points. ThankYou cards with no annual fee, such as the AT&T Access card, earn the same points as the premium cards in the lineup, but the redemption options are more limited.
The points you’ll earn with the AT&T card typically offer a value of about one cent per point when redeemed for travel and certain gift cards. While points are best suited for travel redemptions, you won’t want to carry the card with you abroad as it does charge a 3 percent foreign transaction fee.
You may consider this card if you’re heavy into online shopping and an AT&T customer, but depending on your spending habits, you might fare better with a cashback credit card for overall earning and redemption flexibility.
AT&T Credit Card Features and Benefits
The AT&T Access card offers a 10,000-point sign-up bonus for spending $1,000 in the first three months after you’re approved. You’ll earn two points per dollar for AT&T purchases and for much of your online shopping. This no annual fee card also earns one point per dollar for all other purchases.
When it comes time to redeem your ThankYou points, you’ll have several options. Travel and certain gift cards offer the best value, though. You’ll also enjoy a variety of travel benefits, including access to special events and concierge assistance for travel, shopping and dining. The card also comes with basic MasterCard perks, including travel assistance and purchase benefits.
What You Get
- 10,000 ThankYou points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months after card approval
- 2 points per dollar for AT&T purchases, as well as for online travel and web purchases from department stores, warehouse stores and other specialty retailers
- No annual fee
- Flexible rewards currency with a wide variety of redemption options, including merchandise, travel, charity, experiences, statement credits and more
- Citi Private Pass Membership and Concierge Services that gives you special access to events and personal assistance with travel, shopping, dining and everyday needs
There are no special introductory APR promotions, financing plans or balance transfer deals that come with the AT&T Access card.
AT&T Access cardholders may receive special limited-time promotions to earn additional ThankYou points.
How Much Will You Earn with AT&T Credit Card?
For online travel purchases, you’ll earn two points per dollar spent. Online travel agencies, such as Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia, are included, as are airline and hotel websites. Online department stores and warehouse sites, such as Sam’s Club, Costco and Walmart, also earn two points per dollar spent.
Direct purchases from AT&T, including your monthly phone, internet and cable bills, and AT&T products, such as phones and tablets, also earn two points per dollar spent. All other purchases earn one point per dollar.
AT&T Access Card From Citi Rewards
- Online travel purchases
- AT&T purchases
- Online purchases from select retailers
- All Other Purchases
What Is the Value of ThankYou Points?
When redeeming your ThankYou points, you’ll have a vast selection of redemption options. You can redeem your points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, statement credits and even cash back.
You’ll realize the worst redemption value when you choose to redeem your points for statement credits or cash back, as you’ll receive just .5 cents per point. Generally, a good redemption value for ThankYou points earned with a no-fee card is one cent per point, so use that as a benchmark when redeeming.
What is CPP and How is it Calculated?
Cents Per Point (CPP) is a way to measure the value of points. It tells you how many cents you get for each point you redeem by dividing the cash price of the hotel room by the number of points of an equivalent award stay costs. This can be a somewhat subjective calculation because the price of the stay in both cash and points fluctuates by season and availability.
We use the following formula to calculate the CPP:
Should You Get the AT&T Credit Card?
Are you a big online shopper, and do you buy a lot of AT&T products and services? If so, securing the AT&T Access card might sound like a great idea. You’ll earn two ThankYou points per dollar when you spend in these categories and one point per dollar for all other purchases. If you redeem your points for travel or certain gift cards, you’ll get the most value possible from this card.
You’ll also receive a nice sign-up bonus of 10,000 ThankYou points after spending $1,000 in the first three months after card approval. That bonus can be worth $100 when redeemed for travel at the Citi ThankYou Travel Center or for certain gift cards.
ThankYou points can be quite valuable, but the AT&T Access card is a no-fee card, and therefore redemption options are more limited than with the premium Citi ThankYou cards. If you have other Citi ThankYou cards, such as the ThankYou Premier or Prestige, you can transfer points between accounts and get more value for your Access card points. You’ll even be able to transfer points to a variety of airline and hotel travel partners.
Even if you’re a big AT&T customer, buy travel online and do most of your shopping via the web, you may do better with a cashback card. The Citi Double Cash card, for instance, gives you 2 percent cash back on all of your purchases, not just online shopping and AT&T.
If you’re considering the Citi AT&T Access card for the purpose of redeeming ThankYou points for travel, another alternative may be the Discover it Cash Back Match card that doubles all of your cash back at the end of your first year of having the card.
Maximizing the quarterly 5 percent cashback deals offered by Discover would yield $300 back over the course of a year. And at the end of your first year, that would be doubled for a total of $600 back. The accumulated cash back you earn could make for a nice vacation fund. Plus, you would not be limited to redeeming points through a travel redemption portal.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- You will earn ThankYou points for every purchase you make on the AT&T Access card. For direct purchases from AT&T, including your phone, internet, and cable bills, you will earn two points per dollar. For online purchases, including department store websites, warehouse store websites and travel websites, you will also earn two points per dollar.Travel websites include online travel agencies, such as Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity. All other purchases that don’t fit into these bonus categories earn one point per dollar.
- To redeem your ThankYou points for travel, you would visit the Citi ThankYou Travel Redemption Center, book the travel you desire and pay with your ThankYou points. Your points will be worth one cent each, and you can purchase a wide variety of travel, such as flights, hotels, vacation packages and rental cars.You are not limited to specific airlines or hotel chains. In addition, you do not have to worry about availability as you do when booking award flights with frequent flyer miles or hotels with loyalty points.
- ThankYou points are generally worth one cent each. There are, however, redemption options that yield much less.The best value for your ThankYou points can be found when booking travel or when purchasing certain gift cards that offer the full one cent per point. Other redemptions, such as statement credits and merchandise, can yield much less than one cent per point and are not a good value.
- The ThankYou points earned on your AT&T Access card can to be redeemed towards eligible purchases on Amazon.com. If you add your Citi AT&T Access card to your Amazon account and use it to make a purchase on Amazon.com, you will then automatically be enrolled in the Shop with Points program. You can also link your accounts by going to the Citi ThankYou page on Amazon.com and follow the prompts.To use ThankYou points for your purchase, you would just select ThankYou points as your payment method at checkout. Not all items on Amazon.com can be purchased using your ThankYou points. You’ll also receive an unfavorable value of less than one cent per point.
- Citi issues several credit cards that earn ThankYou points. The credit cards with no annual fees, such as the AT&T Access and ThankYou Preferred cards, earn ThankYou points just like the other premium credit cards, but their redemption options are fewer.You can still redeem your AT&T Access card points for travel, however, the option to transfer points to airline frequent flyer programs is not available. If you hold a premium Citi credit card that earns ThankYou points, such as the ThankYou Premier and Prestige cards, you can transfer points between accounts.
If you’re looking for a rewards credit card, Citi has a wide selection. You will want to select a card that rewards you for the categories of purchases you make most often and offers the redemptions you want.
For example, you may want a card that earns rewards for online purchases, such as the Citi AT&T Access card. Or perhaps you book all of your travel on Expedia and it makes sense to get the Citi Expedia+ card.
If you’re not into keeping track of bonus spending categories, you may opt for a simple cashback card, such as Citi Double Cash. Regardless of your selection, you’ll never pay an annual fee for any of the card below.
Compare Citi Rewards Cards
The Citi Expedia+ card propels you quickly to free travel with a 15,000-point bonus, which can be worth as much as $200 toward VIP Access hotel stays. VIP Access hotels come with extra amenities too, such as room upgrades, free dining and special services.
Other travel redemptions, such as flights and hotels, will get you less value for the 15,000 points. But if you’re looking for a nice hotel for a special occasion, you’ll get the best value with VIP Access hotels. Spend $1,000 within the first three months to receive the bonus.
If you frequently book travel on Expedia, you’ll like this card as it earns three points for every dollar spent with Expedia. The downside of the card is that it only earns one point per dollar for all other purchases.
The Citi Double Cashback card simplifies the earning process. Every purchase you make earns cash back, and there are no bonus categories to keep track of. You’ll receive 1 percent back when you make a purchase and 1 percent when you pay off your balance. That’s a total of 2 percent cash back for every purchase.
If you frequently shop online and spend on AT&T products and services, the Citi AT&T Access card may appear to be a good choice as you’ll consistently earn two points per dollar for those categories of purchases. However, all other purchases earn just one point per dollar. The Citi Double Cash card, on the other hand, will give you 2 percent back on every single purchase.
When it comes to redeeming points with the AT&T card, you’ll need to select redemptions that yield one cent per point, such as travel or certain gift cards, to maximize the potential of the card.
Some Alternative Cards for AT&T Credit Card
The cashback cards we’re comparing below are worthy considerations over the AT&T Access card because they’ll give you the flexibility of earning cash back instead of points with limited redemption options. You may also find an earning combination in a cashback card that better fits your overall spending patterns. One additional benefit of all of these cashback credit cards is that they do not charge an annual fee.
- Discover it® Cash Back
Up to 5% cash back offerRead Review
- Chase Freedom®
$150 bonus offerRead Review
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
$200 cashback bonus offerRead Review
Best Cashback Card
Even if you’re an AT&T customer and you do a lot of online shopping, a cashback card may be better choice over the AT&T Access card. When it comes to earning, you’ll receive two points per dollar spent only on AT&T and select online purchases with the Access card.
With the Discovery it Cashback Match card, you’ll earn 1 percent cash back on every purchase and another 1 percent at the end of your first card anniversary. You’ll also earn 5.0 percent cash back on quarterly categories, which is also doubled at your anniversary.
Your AT&T Access points have the best value when redeemed for travel. However, if you maximize the 5 percent quarterly categories on the Discover it Cashback card and earn 2 percent back on every purchase you make, you’ll end your first card year with a potentially larger nest egg to spend on your vacation than with the AT&T Access card.
Best 0% APR Card
If you want to earn cash back on all of your purchases, including AT&T and online shopping, the Chase Freedom Unlimited may be a nice alternative to the AT&T Access card. This no annual fee card earns 1.5 percent back on all purchases.
The Freedom Unlimited offers another sweet consumer benefit, too. For those who need to make a large purchase and pay it off over time, the 0% APR offered on purchases for the first 15 billing cycles could prove beneficial. Add the valuable sign-up bonus of $150, and the card may be a better option.
Get the Biggest Bonus
The Blue Cash Preferred card offers $200 in cash back to cardholders who spend $1,000 in the first three months of account opening, which is a low minimum spending requirement.
The card also offers 0% APR on purchase and balance transfers for 12 months, 6.0% back at supermarkets on up to $6,000 a year, 3.0% back at gas stations and department stores.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Good credit score
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the benefits of the AT&T Access card from Citi, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this card.
- Intro APR:
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- Ongoing APR:
- 15.49% to 24.49% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 23 days
- Extended Warranty Protection:
- Receive an extension, up to one year, on the manufacturer’s warranty for eligible items purchased with your card.
- Price Protection:
- Your card comes with Citi Price Rewind coverage. If an item you purchased with your Citi AT&T Access card is found at a lower price within 60 days, you may receive a refund for the difference in cost.
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 26.74% Variable±
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
Your Citi AT&T Access card has embedded chip technology for an extra level of security. You won’t have to worry about unauthorized purchases as you won’t be responsible for those purchases, and you can set up account alerts to let you know immediately if there is any activity on your account.
- Chip Technology:
- Have peace of mind knowing you have an extra layer of protection when using your card at chip-enabled terminals.
- Zero Liability:
- You will not be responsible for any transactions you have not authorized.
- Account Alerts:
- Get instant updates when you set up alerts to be notified about your balance, upcoming payments or when you exceed your credit limit.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
The Citi AT&T Access card comes with basic MasterCard benefits, including car rental coverage, worldwide travel accident insurance and access to tickets to sold-out events. You’ll also be able to utilize the services of a Citi Concierge who can help you with reservations and make recommendations during your travels or in everyday life.
Master Card Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Secondary theft and collision coverage for U.S. rentals and primary coverage for most rentals abroad. Terms and conditions apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance:
- When you pay for your trip with your Citi AT&T Access card, you may receive financial help if an accident should happen. Coverage is worldwide.
- Citi Private Pass:
- Cardholders are offered access to special ticket presales for concerts and other events.
- Citi Concierge:
- Enjoy access to trained experts who can help with travel, shopping and dining recommendations, as well as with reservations.