- For Allegiant Use73
- For Frequent Flyers65
- For Everyday Use55
Allegiant World Mastercard® Credit Card
The Allegiant World MasterCard gives cardholders the ability to earn myAllegiant points for everyday purchases. It’s not the most rewarding card available, but it does offer one great benefit to customers that fall into a very specific category. If you book travel packages through Allegiant, you can get free companion airfare for a friend or family member.
The travel package must include airfare and at least four hotel nights or a car rental of seven days or more to qualify for the free ticket. If that sounds like something you might do, you can get free companion airfare whenever you book these packages. There’s no limit to this card perk.
Other than that, cardholders get a free drink on Allegiant flights and priority boarding. You’ll also get three points per dollar spent with Allegiant, including airfare, hotels, car rentals and attractions booked through the carrier’s website; two points per dollar for dining; and one point per dollar for all other purchases. Overall, this card makes the most sense for a select few, and it probably won’t be your primary spending card.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the Allegiant World Mastercard® offers and the value of the Bank of America points you earn.
The sign-up bonus for the Allegiant World MasterCard is 15,000 points after spending $1,000 within the first three months of opening your card account. The sign-up bonus is worth $150 toward your next trip on Allegiant.
What You Get
- 15,000 points after spending $1,000 within the first 3 months
- Free companion airfare whenever you book a vacation package that includes four or more hotel nights or seven or more car rental days
- 3 points per dollar for Allegiant purchases, including airfare, hotels, car rentals and attractions booked through the carrier
- 2 points per dollar at restaurants
Points remain in your account as long as your account is open and in good standing, and you make a purchase with your card at least once every twelve months.
What is the value of myAllegiant Points?
What is CPM and How Is It Calculated?
Cents Per Mile (CPM) is a way to measure the value of miles. It tells you how many cents you get for each mile you redeem by dividing the cash price of the airline ticket (minus taxes and fees charged for an award ticket) by the number of miles the award flight costs. This is a somewhat subjective calculation because the price of the flight in both cash and miles fluctuates by season and availability.
How we calculate CPM:
The Best Ways to Redeem myAllegiant Points
The best way to redeem your myAllegiant points is for flights on Allegiant Air. Points are worth one cent each, so 10,000 points is worth $100 toward travel. Since the points cost of a flight will depend on the cash cost, you should look for flights with the lowest cash price in order to save points.
Las Vegas–BillingsEconomy classMiles price8,050points+$0 feeDollars price$81
Austin–AlbuquerqueEconomy classMiles price8,200points+$0 feeDollars price$82
Dayton–Fort MyersEconomy classMiles price9,650points+$0 feeDollars price$97
Other ways you can redeem points
It is possible to redeem myAllegiant points with select hotel partners (Marriott, Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa, Hilton) and to book hotels through Allegiant’s website.
You can also redeem myAllegiant points with select car rental partners (Alamano, National, Enterprise) through Allegiant’s website.
Everyday Earnings with Allegiant World Mastercard®
The Allegiant MasterCard earns three points per dollar for purchases with Allegiant (including airfare, hotels, car rentals and attractions), two points per dollar at restaurants and one point per dollar for all other purchases.
Allegiant MasterCard Rewards
- Car Rental
- Allegiant Air purchases
- All Other Purchases
Buy One, Get One Free Airfare
Get round-trip companion airfare for every Allegiant vacation package you book that includes a minimum four-night hotel stay or a minimum seven-day car rental.
Enjoy complimentary priority boarding when you show your Allegiant credit card.
Free In-Flight Beverage
Cardholders get a free drink every time they fly.
Foreign Transaction Fee
It’s best to leave this card at home when you travel abroad because you’ll have to pay a 2.0 percent fee for all foreign transactions.
Fees: the cost of Having Allegiant World Mastercard®
If you make $5,900 in purchases a year, you’ll cover the $59 annual fee. That’s because you’ll earn at least 5,900 myAllegiant points, and they’re worth one cent each. If you spend about $2,000 a month, you’ll pay off the card in three months.
Since the sign-up bonus is 15,000 points, which are worth $150 , you are effectively covering the first three years of annual fees with the sign-up bonus alone.
- Annual Fee
- Balance Transfer Fee
Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee
2% - for foreign transaction in $; 3% - in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Fee
Up to $38
See What It Takes to Cover an Annual Fee:
We strongly recommend to spend not less than $1,967 per months to cover the annual fee in three months.
Does the Card Pay for Itself?
We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings you’ll get with the Allegiant World MasterCard. Is the card worth getting, and should you keep it after you get the sign-up bonus? Let’s find out.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Top 5 Benefits of the Allegiant World MasterCard
The Allegiant MasterCard offers relatively simple benefits, but they may come in handy if you are a regular Allegiant flier. Here are the top five benefits:
- Sign-Up Bonus: The Allegiant MasterCard offers a 15,000 points sign-up bonus. This bonus is worth $150 when redeemed for flights on Allegiant.
- Companion Certificate: Anytime you use your card to purchase a vacation package from Allegiant with at least four hotel nights or a seven-day car rental, someone else can fly with you for free.
- Priority Boarding: Every time you fly Allegiant, you will get to board first.
- Free In-Flight Drink: Don’t forget your Allegiant card when you fly because you can get a free drink during your flight.
- Good Earning Potential: You’ll earn 3 points per dollar with Allegiant, 2 points per dollar at restaurants and 1 point per dollar for everything else. This should make it easy to rack up rewards!
Should You Get the Allegiant World MasterCard?
All in all, there are only a few people that will find the Allegiant World MasterCard a very rewarding option. While any Allegiant customer could benefit from the free in-flight drink and priority boarding, those benefits alone probably aren’t worth the $59 annual fee. And the card doesn’t offer a free checked bag, either.
The place where it might come in handy is if you book vacation packages from Allegiant. You can get free companion airfare if the package includes at least four hotel nights or at least a seven-day car rental. While that seems very specific, it’s worth noting that Allegiant offers competitive pricing. If this works for you, the Allegiant card could end up saving you some serious money.
If you don’t use this benefit, it might be hard to justify getting the card since it isn’t free. There are other travel cards that are both more rewarding and more flexible.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Yes, Allegiant Air gift cards are available, and you can use your Allegiant Air MasterCard to buy gift cards. However, Allegiant Air gift cards aren’t sold directly by Allegiant, so you will not earn three points per dollar when making the purchase.
- The annual fee for the Allegiant Air MasterCard is $59. This fee is not waived the first year.
- Most people who are approved for the Allegiant Air World MasterCard report having a credit score of 640 or higher. A higher credit score is not a guarantee of being approved for the card, and a lower score does not necessarily mean you won’t be approved. Bank of America will evaluate your entire credit card application before deciding to approve or deny it.
- Allegiant does offer a mobile app. The mobile app does not allow you to view your credit card spending, but you can review your upcoming travel reservations with Allegiant. If you want to view your credit card account, you will need to download and log into Bank of America’s mobile app.
- Allegiant offers a customer service phone number that you can call for any of your needs. The number is 702-505-8888. Keep in mind that many things, like booking tickets, can be taken care of online. There may be long hold times when calling Allegiant.
If you’re not sure about the Allegiant credit card, there are a number of other Bank of America cards that are worth considering, including the Spirit Airlines World MasterCard, the Asiana Visa Signature and the Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard.
Other Bank of America Airline cards
|Spirit Airlines™ World Mastercard®||Asiana Visa Signature® Credit Card||Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard®|
|Sign-up bonus||15,000 miles||15,000 points||30,000 miles||20,000 miles|
$0 first year, then $59
|APR On Purchases||14.49% to 24.49% Variable±||14.49% to 24.49% Variable±||16.49% to 24.49% Variable±||16.49% to 24.49% Variable±|
|Second Year Value||$726||$240||$439||$765|
When choosing between these cards, you should first think about which airlines you use. Since you will be earning miles with the respective airlines, you will only be able to use your miles through their frequent flyer programs. That means that you will have to either fly that airline or one of its partners in order to use your miles. If you don’t live in a city that a specific carrier serves, you might not want to earn miles with that airline.
So, make sure that the airline flies to places you are interested in traveling to and that you can earn enough miles in a reasonable amount of time for the redemption you want. If you can’t, it might make more sense to focus on a credit card that earns cash back or more flexible rewards.
If more than one airline sounds like a good option for you, you'll want to consider the different characteristics of the card, including the sign-up bonus, everyday spending bonus categories and annual fee. Generally, airline cards offer similar bonus categories for spending, so we'll just take a quick look at the annual fee and sign-up bonus for a couple of cards.
The Spirit Airlines World MasterCard offers a 15,000-mile sign-up bonus and has a $59 annual fee that is waived the first year. The Allegiant World Mastercard also has a 15,000-mile sign-up bonus and a $59 annual fee, though it is not waived the first year. The Asiana Visa Signature credit card offers a 30,000-mile sign-up bonus and has a $99 annual fee. The Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard offers a 20,000-mile sign-up bonus and has a $90 annual fee.
Compare Allegiant World MasterCard to Other Cards
If you’re not set on a Bank of America card, the Frontier Airlines World MasterCard, the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier credit card are all worth considering.
Again, you need to consider which, if any, of these airlines you are most likely to fly. From there, check if they fly to destinations you are interested in traveling to and whether they offer attainable rewards.
Since all of these are U.S.-based carriers, you will want to consider them more for domestic travel rather than international flights. Which of these cards is right for you really depends on who and where you want to fly. If you are interested in international redemptions, or if you aren’t quite sure yet, a more flexible card might be the best option.
If you're willing and able to fly more than one of these airlines, you should then consider the sign-up bonus, annual fee, everyday spending bonus categories and other benefits. Again, the bonus categories for spending are generally similar for airline cards, but other benefits will vary greatly.
The Southwest Rewards Premier credit card offers the highest sign-up bonus at 40,000 points. The Frontier World Mastercard offers 40,000 points and the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite credit card offers 35,000 HawaiianMiles.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the Allegiant World MasterCard, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this MasterCard.
- Intro APR:
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- 0% Introductory APR for the first 12 Statement Closing Dates following the opening of your account for transactions made within 60 days of opening your account
- Ongoing APR:
- 14.49% to 24.49% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 25 days
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 17.49% to 26.49%, based on your creditworthiness when you open your account, for Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances, and 26.49% for Bank Cash Advances
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Direct Deposit and Check Cash Advances: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater. ATM, Over-the-Counter, Same-Day Online and Cash Equivalent Cash Advances: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The Allegiant MasterCard offers standard security features, including the following:
- Account alerts:
- Set up alerts to be notified when large transactions occur, if there’s an unauthorized withdrawal and when your bill’s due.
- EMV Chip + Signature Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip-enabled terminals.
- Credit Score Reports:
- Monitor your credit history for unusual activity, including recently opened accounts and inquiries made on your history.
- Zero Liability:
- You’re never liable for unauthorized purchases.
Bank of American offers a mobile banking app that is compatible with the Allegiant World MasterCard. The Allegiant card is also compatible with Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
In addition to the rewards and benefits listed above, the Allegiant World MasterCard has a few more cardholder perks.
Master Card Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Coverage for theft and collision for most rentals in the U.S. and abroad. Coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
- Trip Cancellation or Interruption:
- If you pay for your trip fully with your credit card and need to cancel or interrupt your trip for a covered reason, you can be reimbursed up to $1,500 or the cost of your ticket.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement:
- Get up to $1,500 per passenger for damaged or lost bags. Coverage includes cardholder and immediate family members on the same travel itinerary.
- Roadside Dispatch:
- Call 1-800-MC-ASSIST for roadside assistance, including lockout service, towing, jumpstart and gas delivery. Service charges apply.