AeroMexico Visa Signature® Card
The AeroMexico Visa Signature card is solid choice for both occasional and frequent AeroMexico flyers. You’ll get two miles per dollar for AeroMexico purchases and at gas stations and grocery stores, making it a little easier to earn miles with this card than with most co-branded airline cards. While you can earn miles quickly, and AeroMexico’s Club Premier offers some good redemptions, there is less information available about this program than more mainstream carriers, so be prepare to do a little digging!
Every year you have the AeroMexico card you’ll get a $99 companion pass, one free cabin upgrade and 4,000 bonus miles. Cardholders also get free checked bags on every flight. Those are great benefits for anyone who flies AeroMexico, and the annual fee, which is waived for the first year, is just $80. If you use the benefits, this card will easily pay for itself.
Bonuses and Benefits
Knowing what benefits come with a credit card can help you decide if it’s a good fit for you. Here we cover the bonuses and perks that the AeroMexico Visa Signature® Card offers and the value of the U.S. Bank miles you earn.
The AeroMexico Visa Signature card has a 20,000 miles sign-up bonus after making your first purchase as a cardholder. Additionally, every year on your account anniversary you’ll receive 4,000 bonus miles, plus a $99 companion certificate. You’ll also receive one free upgrade per year, and every time you buy three tickets you’ll get the fourth free (applicable taxes, fees and surcharges still apply).
What You Get
- 20,000 miles after your first purchase
- 4,000 miles every year you renew your card
- An annual $99 companion certificate
- One free upgrade on your card anniversary
- Buy three tickets, get the fourth one free
- 2 miles per dollar for AeroMexico purchases and at gas stations and grocery stores
Your miles will expire if there is no activity on your account within 24 months. Luckily, making purchases with your credit card counts as activity!
What is the value of Club Premier Miles?
The exact value of your AeroMexico miles will depend on how you use them, but they are roughly comparable to miles in many other, more familiar airline programs. In general, you should get at least 1.3 cents per point, but redemptions can easily reach three cents per point or more.
What is CPM and How Is It Calculated?
Cents Per Mile (CPM) is a way to measure the value of miles. It tells you how many cents you get for each mile you redeem by dividing the cash price of the airline ticket (minus taxes and fees charged for an award ticket) by the number of miles the award flight costs. This is a somewhat subjective calculation because the price of the flight in both cash and miles fluctuates by season and availability.
How we calculate CPM:
The Best Ways to Redeem AeroMexico Visa Signature® Miles
There are a number of good redemption options for your AeroMexico miles. AeroMexico has a zone-based award chart with relatively standard redemption costs. Some of the best deals include business class flights to Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Economy class redemptions are pretty solid across the board, too.
Miles price27,154miles+$11.2 fee
San Francisco–ChicagoEconomy class
Miles price25,440miles+$11.2 fee
Los Angeles–HoustonEconomy class
Miles price19,328miles+$11.2 fee
Punta Cana–AtlantaEconomy class
Miles price36,328miles+$104.66 fee
Montego Bay–ChicagoEconomy class
Miles price33,896miles+$95.11 fee
Miles price6,624miles+$72.06 fee
Baltimore/Washington–San AntonioBusiness class
Miles price125,200miles+$11.2 fee
Ft. Lauderdale–PittsburghBusiness class
Miles price98,184miles+$11.2 fee
Miles price118,724miles+$11.2 fee
Miles price90,720miles+$92.43 fee
Cancun–Ft. LauderdaleBusiness class
Miles price89,040miles+$77.55 fee
Belize City–HoustonBusiness class
Miles price104,880miles+$73.81 fee
Other ways you can redeem miles
Hotel Stays9 partners9 part.
Over 70,000 hotels worldwide to choose from ranging from your favorite big brand to that little boutique hotel along the coast you've always wanted to visit.
Car Rental5 partners5 part.
Complete your travel needs by hitting the road with car rentals from various rental car companies.
As far as airline cards go, the AeroMexico Visa Signature offers relatively good everyday earning. You will get two miles per dollar spent on AeroMexico purchases, but you will also earn two miles per dollar at gas stations and grocery stores. All other purchases earn one mile per dollar spent.
Your Monthly Charges
Rewards You Will Earn Annually28,000miles$280in dollar value
- Car Rental
- AeroMexico purchases
- All Other Purchases
Free Checked Bag
All cardholders get free checked bags.
Get a $99 companion certificate with credit card renewal.
Foreign Transaction Fee
You’ll be charged 2 % for foreign purchases or ATM advances in U.S. dollars, and 3% for foreign purchases and ATM advances in a foreign currency.
You’ll get one free cabin upgrade per year.
Fees: the cost of Having the Card
This card’s $80 annual fee is waived for the first 12 months. After the first year, you’ll cover the annual fee if you make just $8,000 in purchases a year, assuming all purchases earn only one mile per dollar. If you spend about $2,000 a month, you’ll pay off the card in four months.
Since the card offers a 20,000 miles sign-up bonus, you’ll more than cover the second year’s annual fee just by signing up and meeting the minimum spending requirement.
- Annual Fee
- $0 first year, then $80
- Balance Transfer Fee
Either 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee
- 2% - for foreign transaction in $; 3% - in a Foreign Currency
- Late Payment Fee
- Up to $38
See What It Takes to Cover an Annual Fee:
Your Average Monthly Spend
Months to Cover Annual Fee
Get anniversary bonus: 4,000 miles
You will receive 4,000 bonus points each anniversary year – enough to cover more than a half of the annual fee.
We strongly recommend to spend not less than $2,667 per months to cover the annual fee in three months.
We’ve broken out our estimates for the first- and second-year net earnings you’ll get with the AeroMexico Visa Signature card. Is the card worth getting, and should you keep it after you get the sign-up bonus? Let’s find out.
These estimates are based on an annual monthly spend of $2,000
Top 5 Benefits of the AeroMexico Visa Signature Card
The AeroMexico Visa Signature card from U.S. Bank is packed full of benefits that are especially valuable to AeroMexico flyers. Here are the top five benefits:
- Great Earning Potential: You’ll get 2 miles per dollar for gas, grocery and AeroMexico purchases, and 1 mile per dollar for all other purchases
- Anniversary Perks: Every year you renew your card, you’ll get a $99 companion pass, a free upgrade and 4,000 miles.
- Free Checked Bags: Whenever you fly AeroMexico, you’ll get complimentary checked bags.
- Decent Sign-Up Bonus: The AeroMexico card offers a 20,000 miles sign-up bonus after making your first purchase.
- Buy 3, Get 1 Free: Anytime you buy three tickets, you can get a fourth one for free. Offer limited to eligible fare classes.
Should You Get the AeroMexico Visa Signature Card?
The AeroMexico Visa Signature card is a great option for anyone who flies with AeroMexico. The card offers two miles per dollar for groceries and gas, as well as for purchases with AeroMexico. This makes it easy to rack up a lot of miles fast. Keep in mind that since AeroMexico isn’t a major U.S. airline, there’s a little less information out there on redemptions, so you need to be comfortable with that if you choose to get this card.
In addition to earning miles, you’ll also get free checked bags when you fly AeroMexico, a $99 annual companion certificate, 4,000 bonus miles every year you renew your card and a complimentary upgrade anually. These benefits easily cover the $80 annual fee.
Need more info? Check out our frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please click on “Ask Now” below.
- Most applicants who are approved report having a credit score of 720 or higher. No matter what your credit score is, there is no guarantee of approval or denial because U.S. Bank will evaluate your entire application before coming to a decision.
- Yes; if you apply for the AeroMexico card and you’re not a Club Premier member, a frequent flyer number will automatically be assigned to you so you can earn miles.
- There is no limit to the number of miles you can earn.
- Joining Club Premier is totally free.
- Do the miles I earn from the AeroMexico Visa Signature card count toward earning status with AeroMexico?The credit card miles you earn can be used to redeem for free flights, but they do not count toward earning status. If you want to earn elite status with AeroMexico, you will need to fly enough to qualify.
- Yes, you can use your miles to book tickets for other people.
- It’s not possible to transfer Club Premier miles to another airline, but you can use your Club Premier miles to redeem for flights on AeroMexico partners.
Other AeroMexico cards
Before you apply for the AeroMexico Visa Signature card, keep in mind that there are other AeroMexico credit cards available, including the AeroMexico Visa and the AeroMexico Visa Secured. These cards have different sign-up bonuses, benefits and annual fees.
|15,000 miles||20,000 miles||5,000 miles|
|$0 first year, then $45||$0 first year, then $80||$0 first year, then $25|
APR On Purchases
|13.99% to 23.99% Variable±||13.99% to 23.99% Variable±||23.99% Variable±|
Second Year Value
The biggest differences between these cards are the sign-up bonuses and annual fees. The AeroMeixco Visa card offers a 15,000 miles sign-up bonus and no annual fee for the first year, followed by a $45 annual fee.
The AeroMexico Visa Secured card offers a 5,000 miles sign-up bonus and has no annual fee for the first year. After the first year the annual fee increases to $25.
The AeroMexico Visa has an anniversary bonus of just 2,000 miles, and the secured visa has no bonus. All three cards have an annual $99 companion pass, free checked bags and the same bonus categories for purchases.
Compare the AeroMexico Visa Signature Card to Other Cards
Depending on what airline you fly most frequently, it could make sense to get another carrier’s co-branded card instead of the AeroMexico Visa Signature. Below we will take a look at a couple of other airline cards, including the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard, the Miles & More World Elite MasterCard and the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business credit card. All of these cards offer the ability to earn miles with their respective airlines.
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ MasterCard®
60,000 miles offerRead Review
- Miles & More® World Elite MasterCard®
50,000 bonus miles offer
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card
30,000 miles offerRead Review
All of these cards have fairly comparable sign-up bonuses. The Miles & More card offers the highest at 60,000 miles, followed by the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum card and the Gold Delta SkyMiles card, both at 30,000 miles.
Each card earns bonus miles when making purchases with their co-branded airlines, but that is the only bonus category offered except with the AeroMexico card. That isn’t the most important consideration, though. Since most of the benefits of these cards are tied to their respective airlines, it only makes sense to get a card for a carrier you actually use.
Whenever you apply for a credit card make sure you read the terms and conditions of the card and the rewards program to find out about minimum spend requirements and any restrictions to ensure you can successfully obtain the card and earn the rewards it offers.
Excellent credit score
Pay with pointsNo
Loyalty ProgramClub Premier
Flights TypeDomestic and International
Card Terms and Conditions
While it's easy to focus on the rewards offered by the AeroMexico Visa Signature card, it's worth taking a closer look at the terms and conditions. There's a lot to consider as you think about how you're going to use the card. Will you carry a balance, get a cash advance or maybe make a big purchase? Below is a rundown of the various interest rates, purchase protections, security features and mobile banking options that come with this Visa Signature card.
- Intro APR:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Intro APR for balance transfers:
- See Terms and Conditions
- Ongoing APR:
- 13.99% to 23.99% Variable±
- Minimum Grace Period:
- 24 - 30 days
- Extended Warranty Protection:
- Double the time period of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty up to 1 additional year on warranties of 3 years or less. Covers up to a maximum of $10,000 per claim.
- Purchase Protection:
- Visa will replace, repair, or reimburse your eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your card within 90 days.
Cash Advance Features
- Ongoing APR:
- 24.99% Variable±
- Cash Advance Fee:
- Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $5 minimum, whichever is greater
Security and Protections
The AeroMexico Visa Signature card comes with your standard security protections including EMV Chip Technology, a mobile banking app and more.
- Zero Fraud Liability:
- You’re never liable for unauthorized purchases.
- Banking On the Go:
- Track your account with the U.S. Bank mobile app.
- EMV Chip + Signature Technology:
- Get global acceptance and enhanced security at merchants that use chip enabled terminals.
- Emergency Cash + Card Replacement:
- Get a replacement card or emergency cash when you report your card as lost or stolen.
U.S. Bank offers a mobile app so you can monitor the spending on your AeroMexico Visa Signature card while you’re on the go. The AeroMexico card is also compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay.
Additional Cardholder Benefits
In addition to all of the benefits already mentioned, the AeroMexico Visa Signature card has a few more to offer.
Visa Signature Travel Benefits
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver:
- Coverage for theft and collision for most rentals in the U.S. and abroad. Coverage is secondary to your personal insurance.
- Roadside Dispatch:
- Access to a roadside assistance hotline that can help with many things, including lockout service, towing, jumpstart and gas delivery. Service charges may apply.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services:
- Legal and medical referrals, and other travel and emergency assistance is available any time of day. Service charges apply.